www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yodasnews Review: Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoda027
Site Admin/Webmaster
Site Admin/Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Yodasnews Review: Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit) Reply with quote

Thirty years. How do we quantify just how much time this is? The Cold War passed the torch to a frightening new age of terrorism. The Internet and other exponential advancements in telecommunications have shrunk the world down into a very small community. Let’s be honest: the past thirty years have ushered in an uncertain new world for many of us.

So it is perhaps with a twisted sense of irony that we can also quantify thirty years as a significant anniversary for the darkest entry in the Original Trilogy—The Empire Strikes Back. Considering the rampaging marketing vehicle that Star Wars has become, it should come as little surprise that 2010 stands to be a record year for Empire-centric merchandise.

On the mass market front, Hasbro joined the celebration by revisiting their “Vintage Collection” specialty line. This will mark the fourth time the toy company has delved into such nostalgic territory, and one can expect 2013 to see a similar Jedi-centric assortment for that film’s thirtieth anniversary. While lauded as a popular line with collectors, prior Vintage assortments, particularly the five figure “Vintage Saga Collection” wave—have seen their fair share of pegwarmers. This is no doubt due in part to the premium $10 MSRP of the figures. Still, these collections have yielded quite a few high quality figures, ones that often became THE definitive renditions of their character/costume counterparts.

Today’s review spotlights one such standout entry in this latest Vintage Collection: Princess Leia Organa in her Hoth outfit. Being both a fan-favorite look for the Princess and a figure in desperate need of an overhaul, Hasbro’s attempt hits many more marks than it misses. Without further ado, here is Yodasnews’ in-depth examination of “Hoth Leia”.

Click here: http://www.yodasnews.net/PrincessLeiaOrganaVintage%202010Review.htm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my most anticipated figure from the first wave of TVC. Although I do not have her in my collection yet, I cannot imagine a way to improve on this figure (based on what I have seen in pictures).

I am eager for this one, and for the Sidious figure from the second wave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: