www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Vintage Collection (TVC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A definite pass for me!
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is awesome!!!! I have the Mcguirre concept Bobba Fett which is in identical white armor

Now Master Kisto, I am behind 100% on waves 4 and 5 and feel like unless i order them unfortunately, I will not get them. I have all the patience in the world for these but want to make sure I get my desired ones:

All of wave 4 and a select few from wave 5... and then some duplicates for opening purposes. Will there be enough to go around, or should I order them... I really wish there were more of these to go around!! But i feel jsut like the ROTJ wave you will barely see them overflowing pegs... so this is why I am concerned... any advice?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
All of wave 4 and a select few from wave 5... and then some duplicates for opening purposes. Will there be enough to go around, or should I order them... I really wish there were more of these to go around!! But i feel jsut like the ROTJ wave you will barely see them overflowing pegs... so this is why I am concerned... any advice?

These will show up in ample supply, just like all the previous waves. I'm not sure about the distribution in your area, but I have had no problem finding the figures that I want. In fact, I could have easily purchased multiples of all the waves so far. And, I have already found the AOTC wave (wave 4 - 2010) twice, and the first mixed wave (wave 1 - 2011) once. You will see them, and probably before the month is out.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if that this is going to apply to all three lines, but here's the work-up for the 2012 packaging:

beckyoola
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I am liking the Maul packaging. I was getting tired of the clone trooper packaging Wink
yoda027
Site Admin/Webmaster
Site Admin/Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I'm not sure if that this is going to apply to all three lines, but here's the work-up for the 2012 packaging:

All but Vintage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoda027 wrote:
All but Vintage.

At least through 2012.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is an easy pass for me, since I am quite happy with the Wedge that came with the X-Wing from 2009:

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this part of JTA's Q&A, so much so that I want to re-post it here:

3. To be straight up with you, I am one of the harsh critics of Hasbroís many, many mistakes. I have not been impressed the last few years and I donít understand why you constantly praise them for the garbage they send to us. I read a recent Q&A of yours where a reader asked ďwhy do you think people complain so much about Hasbro and their Star Wars productsĒ you said it was because of entitlement. I couldnít disagree with you more. Hasbro is not giving us the quality figures that, yes, ďweĒ deserve and to say that itís because collectors think they deserve more than they should is ridiculous. You probably wonít post this question anyhow because you're so upbeat, but I just wanted you to know that not everyone shares your point of view. (Scot)

JTA: I am not a censor and I appreciate all feedback I receive. So, yes, I am going to include this question in my Q&A With JTA segment. I think itís actually quite sad that you are not impressed with many of the recent figures Hasbro has done, especially in The Vintage Collection. To understand your perspective better however, I need to know what you expect at this point? If itís more articulation, then the Hasbro line is not for you. You should spend your time to appreciate the hyper-articulation on the larger scaled Sideshow Collectibles figures. That is where youíll be treated to a nearly infinite amount of articulation points and poses. I really donít understand where you are coming from either. If figures from The Vintage Collection like the Gamorrean Guard, Fi-Ek Sirch (Jedi Knight), Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues), Admiral Ackbar, Wooof, Kit Fisto, and many others donít impress you, perhaps itís time to call it quits with collecting altogether. And I didnít go any further back with the awesome Build A Droid line or the 30th Anniversary Collection. Why spend precious time interacting with fan sites and forums just to be miserable and complain? JTA certainly isnít the best place to heir your Hasbro grievances. We are kind of like their cheerleaders and try our best to only complain when itís warranted.

Without getting too philosophical on you, with the shape this world is in, shouldn't you expend your energies elsewhere? Think of the recent events happening in Japan, and even look at all the bullying in schools. And youíre wasting time angry at Hasbro for not catering to your every last need. I donít know, but life is too short for me. I have found a hobby I have LOVED for the last 16 years (and counting) when the Star Wars line was re-launched. Do I laugh at some of the train wrecks Hasbro has included in the basic figure line? Yes, but so do they. But to stand here in 2011 and still not be impressed, well, I hate to say it, but youíre wrong. Find something else that does impress you. But if you feel the need to spill your poison, there are plenty of sites that host ďnegativity centralĒ and you may feel more at home there. JTA will remain a positive and upbeat site and it that bothers you, well, it bothers you. I certainly wonít apologize for that. You have an opportunity to post comments in our articles and reviews, yet we donít see the feedback. I find this interesting. There is another forum for expressing your opinions.

You certainly arenít the only one who feel the way you do and I have seen complaining in almost every flavor. Some readers have ripped me a new one because they donít agree with my sourcing of characters in the films in my RDRs. And I have email ďstalkersĒ who complain almost everyday that Lucas is releasing the Special Editions on Blu-ray and not the original versions and how since I have a voice at JTA should use it to start a petition to get people to boycott the Blu-ray when it gets released. Really? Again I ask, what about those people in Japan? So yes, entitlement, as I have called it before is a debilitating disease. When we take our eyes off of our own selfish wants and needs, we are then able to appreciate the great things before us. But so many people are unwilling to put themselves even second in this day and age. Itís about the collective universe and the hobby, not just yourself. Your are entitled to your opinion and I encourage you to remain steadfast in your opinions if you truly believe them, but I think youíll see a smaller audience joining you as the line consistently improves. The Vintage Collection is wowing me to death. I am so thankful I am still alive on this Earth to still enjoy it. Sorry for getting too philosophical.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! as well as too funny. I can't believe that guy, how can you not be beyond impressed with these figures? The weight alone, even when compared to a GI Joe blows my mind away. There is just such a higher sense of quality there, what more could you possibly expect out of a 3" 3/4 action figure? The detail Hasbro puts into these figures is absolutely incredible!
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word yet on a basic:

-Chewbacca**
-Princess Leia (white gown from ANH)
-R2-D2

I am really itching for these... especially Chewbacca...

C'mon Hasbro numerous waves now without Chewbacca have been produced this is a vital character! Whats the fun of having a Han and no Chewie to play along with him?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
Any word yet on a basic:

-Chewbacca**
-Princess Leia (white gown from ANH)
-R2-D2

I am really itching for these... especially Chewbacca...

C'mon Hasbro numerous waves now without Chewbacca have been produced this is a vital character! Whats the fun of having a Han and no Chewie to play along with him?

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I could wait years for those releases. The VOTC ANH Leia is really good, as is the recently-re-released Saga Legends Chewbacca. And there are about ten awesome R2-D2 figures out there. I passed on the most recent releases of General Lando, and Luke in X-Wing outfit, since these are really uninspiring choices (for me, at least). I would much prefer to see figures of never-before-made characters.

(Again, I'm not trying to poop on your wishlist.)
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that you say that...

I purchased another version of the VOTC Leia this morning off of Ebay so I can have a loose version. The only version available was carded...

Yesterday, I grabbed an Early Bird Kit Chewbacca which is the VOTC sculpt except for the head..(kind of bummed on that... but Chewy's are not cheap and that Leia was vital, and set me back a little more than I would have liked...

More from Ebay
-a VOTC Greedo (loose version)
-a VOTC Farmboy Luke(loose) This sculpt is still one of my favorites, it just is so classic... and a nice variant to have loose with out the storm trooper belt like the Death Star Escape version...

** ????? ALSO: Can we expect to see:
Battle of Endor Luke with Helmet and Pancho ??
Luke's X-Wing (vehicle)??

Last edited by ridge913 on Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ya'll see the photo of Fordo from ebay?

It has a Buy It Now price of 18.50 pounds, which is $30

I think I am going to need at least 3 of those... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: