www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
Arrangements have been made. Very Happy
headbang
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
That's a great looking Clone Trooper.

Agreed. That's why I had to just keep taking pictures of it yesterday! It utilizes the "Stone" mold, which is my preferred mold for a clone trooper; and Hasbro did a great job incorporating ball-jointed hips. He looks normal standing at attention, and he can achieve the badass poses that you can see in my pics. You won't regret adding this one to your collection.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that means we'll see more of the ball-jointed hips in the future. They really add so much potential.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahdar Vebb, courtesy of RPhBob. Thanks for the hookup!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's coarse, and rough, and irritating. And it gets everywhere."

The latest wave. Barriss is my favorite, followed by Colt, Eeth Koth, and the Riot Control Clone Trooper.

Love the design on Jesse's helmet.

A surprise from my pal:

This was listed on eBay with the title "Star Wars Figures Anakin C3PO," so I got him (and an AOTC Anakin) for $8.19 shipped instead of the $15-$25 plus shipping he usually commands.

A birthday present:

And Clone Troopers from tunghori. As you can see, a few came out of Kamino a bit defective, but the seller was kind enough to send me replacements for damaged figures. I like the rough spots that make them look as though they've seen plenty of action, but he sent new figures for the ones that had incorrect limbs.

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing... very well done. How do you set up your lighting to take shots? I plan on getting a small Nikon or something so I will be more motivated to take pictures. The lack of light and equipment are crippling my pictures. I plan on taking photos in doors most of the time, so if you have any tips on how to set up the lighting, it would be greatly appreciated!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
I plan on taking photos in doors most of the time, so if you have any tips on how to set up the lighting, it would be greatly appreciated!

I know you didn't ask me directly, but I would like to chime in here, since I love action figure photography. I hope that's okay.

I went to Target and bought one of those lamps with the adjustable arms and with three sockets, each sporting a bulb at 40 watts. That way, you can adjust multiple sources of light. I also run overhead lights while I am shooting. In addition, when you get your camera, make sure to read up on how to adjust your white balance and exposure sensitivity - that will make a huge difference on how your indoor shots will look. Indoor light sources can sometimes look like crap if you don't figure out a way to adapt your camera. Of course, you don't have to mess with any of that if you just set it on "auto" and shoot with a flash.

I would also encourage you to take some shots outdoors. Nothing can replace the brilliance of the sun as a light source, and your camera will purr like a kitten with all of that exposure.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
I plan on taking photos in doors most of the time, so if you have any tips on how to set up the lighting, it would be greatly appreciated!

I know you didn't ask me directly, but I would like to chime in here, since I love action figure photography. I hope that's okay.

I went to Target and bought one of those lamps with the adjustable arms and with three sockets, each sporting a bulb at 40 watts. That way, you can adjust multiple sources of light. I also run overhead lights while I am shooting. In addition, when you get your camera, make sure to read up on how to adjust your white balance and exposure sensitivity - that will make a huge difference on how your indoor shots will look. Indoor light sources can sometimes look like crap if you don't figure out a way to adapt your camera. Of course, you don't have to mess with any of that if you just set it on "auto" and shoot with a flash.

I would also encourage you to take some shots outdoors. Nothing can replace the brilliance of the sun as a light source, and your camera will purr like a kitten with all of that exposure.

No worries, it was an open question, I am looking for all the help I can get! and it is much appreciated. I used to get so pumped to take photos, I want that feeling again. Knowing it doesnt take an hour just to get some good shots with an iphone..
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
No worries, it was an open question, I am looking for all the help I can get! and it is much appreciated. I used to get so pumped to take photos, I want that feeling again. Knowing it doesnt take an hour just to get some good shots with an iphone..

I know what you mean. I started out with my iPhone, but quickly moved to my Nikon due to the former's limitations. I am sure you will be pleased when you see the difference. I have been shooting consistently since March, and I have picked up several techniques; but I'm still learning all the time.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
amazing... very well done. How do you set up your lighting to take shots? I plan on getting a small Nikon or something so I will be more motivated to take pictures. The lack of light and equipment are crippling my pictures. I plan on taking photos in doors most of the time, so if you have any tips on how to set up the lighting, it would be greatly appreciated!
Like KitFisto said, nothing beats natural sunlight. With the heat, humidity, and insects around here this time of year, though, I'm playing with my toys in the air conditioning. Very Happy

I have several of these with CFL bulbs in them. I don't remember if I bought "Bright White" or "Daylight" CFLs, but I believe I bought the daylight ones. Either one will help avoid the yellow tint you'll get with everyday incandescents. I experiment with the lighting with just about every photo (the clamps on those lights are perfect for this). One figure might require different lighting than another. I don't have the best camera in the world, either, and I could get better shots with less light if I upgraded. Photography is a secondary aspect of my hobby, though, so I'm not concerned enough to drop the cash on something I wouldn't use terribly often.

And when I set up something for a picture, I usually snap at least 12-20 shots of the same thing so I can choose from the best. I really don't have the steady hands for great photography. When I post an image that looks decent, you can bet I probably deleted at least ten lousy ones. Wink Doing that all at once saves a lot of time vs. taking the photo, gathering up the toys, going to the computer, discovering it looks like crap, and starting over from the beginning again.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
Either one will help avoid the yellow tint you'll get with everyday incandescents.

That is definitely a concern when taking photos while using light bulbs as the light source. I have been able to adapt to this by setting my white balance to a cooler setting. For example, the photo that I took of the Frost Giant had a white balance set to 2500K (a.k.a., "tungsten"), since I was trying to go for a "cool," or "blue" look. I then shifted the temperature toward "blue" even more with the photo editor on my Mac. As camera settings go, I think that the white balance setting is really integral for getting the right color and feeling for a picture. I have a tendency to set it to a warmer setting when I am outside, since I like that feeling; also, I think that the auto setting for white balance leaves outdoor pictures feeling a little "cool" for my taste. But I do set it to a cooler setting when shooting toys inside in order to offset the orangish color of light bulbs.

Caped Crusader wrote:
And when I set up something for a picture, I usually snap at least 12-20 shots of the same thing so I can choose from the best. I really don't have the steady hands for great photography. When I post an image that looks decent, you can bet I probably deleted at least ten lousy ones. Wink Doing that all at once saves a lot of time vs. taking the photo, gathering up the toys, going to the computer, discovering it looks like crap, and starting over from the beginning again.

I bet that I shoot thirty to fifty shots when I set up a toy. I set my camera to "continuous" and take three quick shots, re-focus and adjust the focal length, and then shoot three more. I then filter through them on my Mac and pick the one that I like the best.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experimented with the white balance settings, too, but I've just found that it's easier to start with a whiter light source. Once I have the shot I like, I've been adjusting the color and brightness in Photoshop lately.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably not the best thread to post this, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. There is a new extended preview for season 4 of the Clone Wars here. There is a lot of awesome stuff to see, but my favorite is the shot of phase 2 Rex. I grabbed a screenshot, he looks sweet:

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a Phase 1.5 helmet? It looks like a blend between a Phase 1 and a Phase 2. Time for a new figure!!!
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5 sounds about right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: