www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Vintage Collection (TVC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little bummed that Fordo's helmet looks a little too big for his frame, but that's par for the course for removeable helmets. I still prefer troopers whose helmets cannot be removed.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I'm a little bummed that Fordo's helmet looks a little too big for his frame, but that's par for the course for removeable helmets. I still prefer troopers whose helmets cannot be removed.

+1
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:

Rolling Eyes Picky Picky Picky Wink
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
Rolling Eyes Picky Picky Picky Wink

So true, so true. I know that I should be less picky, but I have a hard time not noticing the pumpkinhead clone troopers. I just wish that Hasbro would drop the idea of removeable helmets altogether and go with slimmer helmets.
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly agree with you. I am just so excited about Fordo, that I will love him, giant head and all... Kind of reminds me of the "Big Head" unlockable on the old NBA Jams game, which I happened to download for my ipod last week. Great game by the way.

Anyway, I hear this wave is starting to hit and that wave 8 has been delayed until after the summer. Bummer.

So Kit, if you are not interested in the Big Noggin'd Fordo and you happen to see one, grab him for me, I really do think I want at least a couple of this guy and the way things are going around here, I may never see any new product...
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news from the new Q&A from Hasbro:
Quote:
From mousedroid.com

Q: Have you considered releasing something like a Clone Trooper helmet accessory pack? I adore Clone Troopers, but don't like the animated style trooper figures, which means I miss out on figures such as Captain Rex, Phase 1 Commander Cody etc. Therefore, what about the chances of producing a pack just containing the 'custom' helmet of assorted troopers, so we can just swap them on our 'realistic'-style Clones? (Ed: It would also be great for when kids loose clone helmets down the back of the couch or the dog eats them)

A: Cool idea - we think you'll be pleasantly surprised with our upcoming releases of Clone Wars figures in the Vintage Collection.
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now this from actionfigureinsider.com

Quote:
Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!

I am very excited about this
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's up in arms these days about the distribution of TVC. Visit any collecting site, and you will hear readers and contributors complaining about not being able to find the newer waves; and they're complaining about their frustation over Hasbro's choice of carry-forward repacks.

For my part, I have been able to find everything that I want. It takes a little diligence and patience, but eventually everything that I want finds a home in my collection closet. I have passed on certain things, too. I despise the new body sculpt for the Clone Trooper, as introduced in wave 3 (2011). Thus, I have repeatedly passed on that one, and I decided that this sculpt has ruined Fordo for me. Bespin Han Solo was a much ado about nothing. On any given day, I may argue that I still prefer the version from the 2001 POTJ line, despite its limited articulation.

So, what have you passed on? Or what have you not been able to find...you know, at all?
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I have done my fair share of complaining, but I have also been able to find everything from the Vintage collection that I have wanted thus far (aside from the current wave 7, which is still shipping as far as I know). It has taken some time and some patience, but I have seen all of waves 1 through 6 at retail.

Here is my wave by wave summary:

Wave 1: Very abundant. I was able to purchase everything I wanted. Favorites from this wave are Dak and Dengar. I had many opportunities to buy Bespin Luke, but passed on him each time. I do regret it a little bit, but not too much. I also passed on Han, Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, and C-3PO. Sadly, many figures from this wave are still peg warming: 4-LOM, Cloud Car Pilot, and Dengar

Wave 2: Abundant. I was able to purchase everything I wanted from this wave as well. I love the new Magna Guard. I passed on Anakin as Darth Vader, Obi-wan, Sandtrooper, Phase 2 Clone, and Cody. The Phase 2 Clone and Sandtrooper are big-time peg warmers around here and to pour salt on the wound they keep replenishing them in later waves Mad.

Wave 3: Very rare. This seems to have been the worst as far as distribution around here. I saw wave 3 one time at walmart and one time at Target and that is it. When I saw it at Walmart, the only figures left were R2D2, the Rebel Commando, and Luke. When I saw them at Target, the employee had just finished putting out one full case, so I was able to grab the Gamorrean Guard, Woof, Wicket, and Admiral Ackbar. This was a great wave with a lot of great figures. Sadly, Hasbro has chosen to re-release the Rebel Commando, R2D2, and Luke, but not the fabulous Gamorrean Guard. I am not that interested in finding the new Wedge, so I will not get into that whole debacle.

Wave 4: Rare at first, but became reasonable. It took some time, but I did get all of the figures from wave 4 that I wanted. I purchased most of this wave from Hasbro Toy Shop, but ended up seeing it at retail in pretty decent numbers afterward. The fact that it was released AFTER wave 5 in most areas was really odd. I LOVE the new Kit Fisto figure. Padme, Zam, and the Senate Guard are great too. I passed on Peasant Anakin and Mace Windu. Was the Super Battle Droid in this wave? Either way I passed on him/it too

Wave 5: Plentiful. The first mixed wave was kind of a dud for me. I was glad to get Gree since I missed his original release. I purchased an Utupau clone, R5, and Death Star Escape Luke, but I was not thrilled with them. I passed on Yavin Han Solo, Stormtrooper and Yoda.

Wave 6: Very abundant. Wave 6 is hanging around a bit to much for my liking. This wave seems to have shipped in the greatest number since wave 1. I really like the Skiff Master and Fi-Ek Sirch and the AT-RT driver (ARF Trooper?) is great. I really like the new phase 1 clone mold (sorry Master Fisto). General Lando is a dud and Dagobah Landing Luke does nothing for me. The Walmart that is on my way to work is choked with 4 to 5 cases of this wave. Sad

Wave 7: Very rare, but still shipping (I hope). I saw Barriss, Bom Vindin, and Bespin Han Solo at F.Y.E., but passed on Han Solo. I really really want a Logray and at least a couple Fordos er... ARC Trooper Commanders. Barriss Offee is a nice figure and Bom Vindin is OUTSTANDING. This wave hasn't shown up online at Toys R Us or Hasbro Toy Shop yet either, so that may be a good source to find them at some point. I'd like to see a Rebel Blockade Trooper before making a decision. He is being carried forward (reportedly) into the a wave 8 revision, but who knows.

Sorry for the long post... Now where's the Clone Wars thread to launch my complaints... Wink
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally was able to get the more detailed Boba Fett variant(darker shoes/ gun barrel black not silver) that I did not have @ Target. I was pretty pumped to find this on shelves. Especially since I feel I have never seen a TVC Boba Fett on store shelves...

I feel I am always complaining about not being able to find the current and most up to date figures. And I honestly feel by the time I see figures from the most current waves, there are already figures from even newer waves being spotted elsewhere. My point is my stores sometimes are not just one whole wave behind, but two whole waves! I am at the point where if I see what I need I grab and it if I am having horrid luck finding it locally I will order.

One personal thing that I am so pumped on though was knowing, after all the time, money and effort I have no regrets starting a figure collection! I may not be as obsessed and consumed as I was initially spending when I shouldn't have spent and so forth, but really weighing out my collection, for the most part I do only have figures I really do like/ want.

My biggest regrets: buying to buy/ to keep busy! I have done this a little bit in every line, but there are some purchases that still really upset me:

Star Warscomic packs - I have bought doubles of some comic packs I do not even want ONE copy of lol

-Indiana Jones - got stupid deals on most of this stuff but still, I didn't need as many as I bought

-Clone Wars - simply collecting TVC was not enough! I wanted more! My only regret... I should have only bought what I really wanted and not try to attain every itty bitty character.

-Marvel - had to by doubles sometimes triples just to make a satisfactory action figure decent enough to have in ones collection. We all know how bad the paint can be on the Marvel line!

While I am reflecting on my collection stress's finally I realize that what I am stressing about is minor. But I really would like to get the stuff I really do not want out so I can get more stuff I really do want, in! Thanks for reading this tangent if you have. Any thoughts are appreciated!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
Wave 2: Abundant. I was able to purchase everything I wanted from this wave as well. I love the new Magna Guard. I passed on Anakin as Darth Vader, Obi-wan, Sandtrooper, Phase 2 Clone, and Cody. The Phase 2 Clone and Sandtrooper are big-time peg warmers around here and to pour salt on the wound they keep replenishing them in later waves.

And don't forget to mention the best figure of that wave: Darth Sidious. Seriously, that wave could have consisted of that one figure, and I would have been content.

RPhBob wrote:
I am not that interested in finding the new Wedge, so I will not get into that whole debacle.

I am with you on that one. I am quite happy with the Wedge that came with the X-Wing, back in the Legacy collection.

RPhBob wrote:
Wave 4...I passed on Peasant Anakin and Mace Windu. Was the Super Battle Droid in this wave?

The Mace Windu figure from wave 4 is the definitive version for that character; I'm glad that I got him. I think I have already donated the older one to the GAR, if I am not mistaken. Yeah, the SBD was in the wave, and I passed on it, too.

RPhBob wrote:
Wave 5...I passed on Yavin Han Solo, Stormtrooper and Yoda.

You're right in that it was a dud wave. I passed on the entire wave except for the Yoda, which is a delightful little figure.

RPhBob wrote:
Wave 6...I really like the new phase 1 clone mold (sorry Master Fisto).

Hasbro needs to destroy that mold immediately, and then fire the designer who came up with it.

RPhBob wrote:
Wave 7...Bom Vindin is OUTSTANDING.

You said it there; the detail on his head and vest is tremendous. This may be one of the best Star Wars figures Hasbro has ever made.
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
On any given day, I may argue that I still prefer the version from the 2001 POTJ line, despite its limited articulation.
I prefer the POTJ line over TVC completely. That line made it relatively easy to stop collecting movie-style STAR WARS figures after just a few Saga releases in 2003 (excluding some ROTS items, of course). POTJ's very limited use of soft goods (what, like two characters?) makes it a clear winner over TVC in my eyes. The classic-style cards probably would have led me to get in at the very beginning of TVC, but the heavy reliance on fabric killed its chances of appealing to me.

KitFisto wrote:
So, what have you passed on?
The entire line, with Ackbar being the sole exception.

KitFisto wrote:
Hasbro needs to destroy that mold immediately, and then fire the designer who came up with it.
Laughing
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
The Mace Windu figure from wave 4 is the definitive version for that character; I'm glad that I got him. I think I have already donated the older one to the GAR, if I am not mistaken.

Even if he is the definitive Mace Windu, I just didn't feel like he was a necessary addition. I am trying to be more picky about what I buy and he just didn't make the cut. The same held true for the new Yoda. I am sure he is a nice figure, I just had higher priorities I guess.

KitFisto wrote:

What is it about this figure that you hate so much?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: