www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 TVC Figures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting ready to catch up on my Star War stuff, can not wait! Quilon Vos looks epic! I am actually looking forward to SOME of the figures in this wave!
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have told this story before but, I can not help it. I am that excited! MY first and only original, vintage figure was one I bought loose while I was around 6-9 years old. We were in Ocean City, NJ on the boardwalk and we went into a vintage antique/ comic shop. In the glass there were select figures, I know I had one thing on my mind and that was getting a Luke figure. I had no idea there were newer versions at the time, nor know any were available for I am only 22 now, nor did I care. I have long lost the figure at this point but can remember it so vividly standing there and wanting a Luke. In the case there was a figure, the figure in which I got! I was told it was Luke but now that I am thinking it could have been an echo base trooper or a hoth luke. Either way, I was told it was Luke, and I treated that figure like it was Hoth Luke from that day forward. This was my first realy star wars anything!

Now back to where this is going lol, I came across the Hoth Luke leaked photos and I am beyond excited. This figure is the spark that started it all for me as far as toys do go! To now, have an updated awesome version, I can not wait! If anyone has not seen this figure yet, check it out!!!!

http://jediinsider.com/images.php?mode=view&album=2011_New_York_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FPre-Event&pic=IMG_6397.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=8|13829
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tale, Ridge! Thanks for sharing!

That reminds me of a story of my own. It was Christmas, 1983. I was 11 years old, and my grandmother had mailed down this large, gift-wrapped Christmas present for me; and for the life of me, I could not guess what it was. And for days leading up to Christmas morning, that was the present I could not wait to tear open. When I was finally able to open it on Christmas morning, I discovered that inside the large box, my grandmother had opened, and individually wrapped, about 30 Star Wars figures from Return of the Jedi! I had the pleasure of opening up each one individually; and the one I remember the most was Ree Yees. What a great memory.

Thanks for prompting that memory, Ridge. Wink
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem at all Wink I feel for most of us that nostaligia is so important when it comes down to something you really want vs something you think you may want... Hasbro is doing an awesome job! I hate the teasing though. Why show us pitures so far out from the actual release?? Is the hype that necessary?!? This, Hoth Luke is my most wanted figure at the moment!! I am so happy that we are actually getting a new sculpt compared to the Wompa Cave pack Hoth Luke relesed previously this year! That Luke sculpt is so under par! Cant wait to get my hands on this new one. Bring back the nostalgia!!
beckyoola
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very excited for Qui-Gon, as I am a newer collector and not impressed with older figures of him. Now to decide which one looks better...

PS: So excited that Aurra Sing is coming out as well! Wink
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
http://jediinsider.com/images.php?mode=view&album=2011_New_York_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FPre-Event&pic=IMG_6397.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=8|13829

I can not help but check these upcoming releases daily!

So excited for that Hoth Luke, Mon Calamri A wing Pilot, as well as Jedi Kngiht Luke, skiff lando!!! Some people have a thing for troopers, some for ewoks and some for droids. My thing is pilots. So you can imagine how much/ why I am excited for this A wing pilot. Also can we expect an a wing vehicle anytime soon?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
Also can we expect an a wing vehicle anytime soon?

I doubt you'll see it anytime soon. You can check eBay for loose and boxed versions of this vehicle; it has been released several times over the years.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=a-wing+fighter+hasbro&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_odkw=a-wing+fighter&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

There's one on there for $17 shipped; that's a good deal.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: The droid-caller bracelet is non-removeable.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Rebelscum, Hasbro has lifted the 1/30/2012 street date, and will allow retailers to sell the new product immediately.

http://rebelscum.com/story/front/No_More_Hasbro_Street_Date_142704.asp
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when can we expect this real life version of Aurra Sing to be released, I need this type of character... the lone, and dangerous female bounty hunter..
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
when can we expect this real life version of Aurra Sing to be released, I need this type of character... the lone, and dangerous female bounty hunter..

Hasbro stated that despite what the collecting sites reported, the street date of 1/30/2012 is still in effect. So, expect Aurra to show up on that date, as a Walmart exclusive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: