www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q&A Concerning The Clone Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I see. Although I have yet to see anything in writing myself, I assumed that the HunterPR set out some sort of Q&A guidelines, so that questions like these would end up being scrubbed by the website admins.
I know they've sent guidelines to some, but I don't know that all who participate have received them. I also know that certain admins know better and submit questions like that, anyway.

KitFisto wrote:
Precisely. Collector wishlists are printed on the toilet paper at Hasbro HQ. Wink
But that's not to say that Hasbro completely ignores the collector - why else are we seeing re-releases of Aayla Secura and Hondo Ohnaka?
Yeah, but they already had everything for those. They were simply a matter of scheduling factory time and placing the order.

KitFisto wrote:
As you pointed out, Castas, Robonino and Cato Parasitti are part of Hasbro's retired strategy for character selection. We won't see the likes of characters like that for quite some time.
Based on what Hasbro has said recently, I agree. I think Ackbar has advantages over those types of characters, though, as I mentioned before.

KitFisto wrote:
I've been saying something similar about Master Di for a year now. They already have the head; and they could tweak the first Mace Windu body. There would be minimal tooling involved. But just like Tarkin, Master Di doesn't hold a great deal of interest for kids. So, unlike you, I would be surprised to see Tarkin show up at retail.
I think Tarkin's multi-episode appearance, survival, and appeal to adult collectors gives him an edge over Ima-Gun Di. As you said, Hasbro won't completely ignore the adult collector with this line. If they feel they can generate a combination of kid and collector interest and profit from a new head and a Yularen body, he has a shot. Probably not in the single carded assortment, but in a TRU-exclusive set? I can see that happening.

In fact, I think Tarkin is more likely than Ackbar, simply because he'd require less investment. I believe both are legitimate candidates for inclusion, though.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Wow, just 19 total Clone Wars figures for 2012? You showed 14 figures in the NYCC slides, does that really mean there are just 5 more figures being added into the mix in Fall 2012? Can you re-check those numbers and be sure you didn't mean 19 new figures PLUS an additional amount of repacked figures? Did the new sculpts in the Movie Heroes cannibalize tooling dollars from Clone Wars or something? Or has the Clone Wars market slowed down that dramaitcally that the line is being cut by around 50%?

ANSWER: There are a total of 19 single carded Clone Wars Figures planned for 2012. With the release of Episode I in 3D our primary focus is shifting back to the movies. Of course we will continue to support The Clone Wars, but more of our tooling dollars, resources, etc. are being put against new movie figures rather than continuing Saga Legends repacks as we did in 2011.

(From Jedi Defender - 12/6/2011)
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: How soon until we see a Republic Gunship with lights and deploying AT-RT as seen in the most recent Clone Wars story arc?

ANSWER: A new Republic Gunship is not planned for 2012 but we agree a new version that deploys AT-RTs would be at near the top of our list for big vehicles.

(From Sandtroopers - 12/6/2011)
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
Yeah, but they already had everything for those. They were simply a matter of scheduling factory time and placing the order.

Agreed. And it shows that they are listening to the collector community. Re-releases of Hondo Ohnaka and Aayla Secura show that if they can economically deliver on a common request, then they will do so.

Caped Crusader wrote:
Based on what Hasbro has said recently, I agree. I think Ackbar has advantages over those types of characters, though, as I mentioned before.

I think you're right. Ackbar is a male, he is a character from the original trilogy, he saw action and he survived the fight. From the category of tertiary characters, he has a good chance.

KitFisto wrote:
I think Tarkin's multi-episode appearance, survival, and appeal to adult collectors gives him an edge over Ima-Gun Di. As you said, Hasbro won't completely ignore the adult collector with this line. If they feel they can generate a combination of kid and collector interest and profit from a new head and a Yularen body, he has a shot. Probably not in the single carded assortment, but in a TRU-exclusive set? I can see that happening.

Well, I'd buy Tarkin, for sure. I'd also buy Mother Talzin, Tera Sinube, Nuvo Vindi, Tan Divo and any other character Hasbro chose to make.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Agreed. And it shows that they are listening to the collector community. Re-releases of Hondo Ohnaka and Aayla Secura show that if they can economically deliver on a common request, then they will do so.
Of course. I think Hasbro does a great job of paying attention to the desires of collectors.

KitFisto wrote:
Well, I'd buy Tarkin, for sure. I'd also buy Mother Talzin, Tera Sinube, Nuvo Vindi, Tan Divo and any other character Hasbro chose to make.
I'd love to get Satine, as well, but I don't see that ever happening.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
Of course. I think Hasbro does a great job of paying attention to the desires of collectors.

Hasbro does a really good job trying to satisfy parents, kids, collectors and shareholders. And that's why I get irritated with the Ankle-Biting Entitlement Brigade over at other sites. They trash Hasbro whenever the corporation fails to satisfy collector caprice, despite the fact that we have been consistently told that The Clone Wars line is designed for kids, and The Vintage Collection is produced with collectors in mind.

Caped Crusader wrote:
I'd love to get Satine, as well, but I don't see that ever happening.

Yeah, they have been pretty consistent with regard to Satine. I would put her on the probably-never-going-to-be-made list, along with Mother Talzin, Master Di, Jocasta Nu and Clone 99. And now I think we're going to have to add Captain Tarkin, Captain Ackbar and Adi Gallia.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: In November's Q&A, you stated that there will be nineteen figures in "total" coming in 2012. I'm pretty sure that I know what "total" means, but I really want to make sure by asking this: does this mean that every basic figure we see is going to be one of those nineteen figures, or will there be a chance that we will also see "filler" figures from previous waves (from 2011), such as Commander Colt, or season three Ahsoka Tano?

ANSWER: There are a total of 19 single carded Clone Wars Figures planned for 2012. Just over half have new tooling. Every single carded Clone Wars figure will be one of the nineteen.

(From YodasNews - 12/6/2011)
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: The recent "Umbara" arc on the Clone Wars series has provided many interesting characters and designs. Can we expect to see any 501st Clone Troopers, Umbarans or a General Krell figure based on this arc in the Clone Wars line?

ANSWER: We do have plans for a tremendous General Krell figure in the Clone Wars line.

(From Echo Base Forums - 12/6/2011)
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ANSWER: We do have plans for a tremendous General Krell figure in the Clone Wars line.

I think I will buy him and then slice his arms off!

RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news! Now lets hope they give us some 501st clones to go with him.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
Awesome news! Now lets hope they give us some 501st clones to go with him.

I went to bed smiling last night. Krell is at the TOP of my wishlist. Master Di? Who's that?! We're getting Krell!

Very Happy

And I know that we'll be getting some 501st repaints at some point. They have the mold already made; now all they have to do is tweak the paint machines.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Hasbro does a really good job trying to satisfy parents, kids, collectors and shareholders. And that's why I get irritated with the Ankle-Biting Entitlement Brigade over at other sites. They trash Hasbro whenever the corporation fails to satisfy collector caprice, despite the fact that we have been consistently told that The Clone Wars line is designed for kids, and The Vintage Collection is produced with collectors in mind.
Absolutely. That's not to say Hasbro is perfect or never makes mistakes, but their action figure lines are consistently the best on the market. Despite the fact that it comprises but a fraction of their market, they go to great lengths to appeal to collectors. The incessant complaining on certain sites is unwarranted and counterproductive.

KitFisto wrote:
Yeah, they have been pretty consistent with regard to Satine. I would put her on the probably-never-going-to-be-made list, along with Mother Talzin, Master Di, Jocasta Nu and Clone 99.
I would, unfortunately, put four of those five on the no chance at all list.

Quote:
Question: The recent "Umbara" arc on the Clone Wars series has provided many interesting characters and designs. Can we expect to see any 501st Clone Troopers, Umbarans or a General Krell figure based on this arc in the Clone Wars line?

The way this is worded makes me wonder when and how they plan to release Krell. I'm also very surprised that they didn't save this announcement for Toy Fair.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
The way this is worded makes me wonder when and how they plan to release Krell. I'm also very surprised that they didn't save this announcement for Toy Fair.

I assume that Krell is going to be appearing on a basic card for 2012; and I am using Savage Opress as a precedent: his series debut was in January of 2011, and his two figures appeared at retail in October/November. Also, we can conclude that Krell will not be appearing in a Battle Pack, since there will only be one of those for The Clone Wars in 2012, and we have already seen what that one is going to be. In addition, there are four mini-rigs yet to be disclosed; but I doubt that Hasbro would put Krell in one of those, since the majority of the tooling investment for those packs goes into the vehicles, right? The figures usually consist of repacks/repaints/minor retools. So, I'd say that he is going to be appear on a basic card.

Like you, I didn't expect to hear anything about the remaining five until Toy Fair. But this last round of Q&As was chock-full of information. No Tarkin; no Gallia; no Ackbar; no Separatists; no Gunship; and one tremendous Krell.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
In addition, there are four mini-rigs yet to be disclosed; but I doubt that Hasbro would put Krell in one of those, since the majority of the tooling investment for those packs goes into the vehicles, right?
Only if the vehicle is new.

KitFisto wrote:
So, I'd say that he is going to be appear on a basic card.
Other possibilities remain.

KitFisto wrote:
Like you, I didn't expect to hear anything about the remaining five until Toy Fair. But this last round of Q&As was chock-full of information. No Tarkin; no Gallia; no Ackbar; no Separatists; no Gunship; and one tremendous Krell.
And that's why some sites will continue to submit questions about when/if specific characters will be released. Nineteen times out of twenty, it will be ignored or get a "no plans at this time" response (a statement I've seen Hasbro make about characters who were already tooled up and ready to show three or four months later). This was one of those once in a blue moon bones they occasionally throw to a site, probably because the next round will be close to Toy Fair and contain very little info.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
(a statement I've seen Hasbro make about characters who were already tooled up and ready to show three or four months later).

= Nahdar Vebb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: