www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Revenge of the Jedi" Variation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowbar36
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: "Revenge of the Jedi" Variation Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been discussed some where but I just got back into collecting and new to the site. I went to Wal-Mart the other day and found some figures I hadn't seen before and that some figures had the "Revenge" of the Jedi variation. I was just wondering if they are more limited than the "Return" or if they were about the same? Anyway, I know I picked some good ones up, just not sure what the current market is for them. I picked the following "Revenge" figs up-Boba Fett(VC09)w/ limited addition prototype boba sticker, TIE fighter Pilot(VC65) blue back and the Princess Leia(slave Oufit)VC64 "Revenge" and "Return" variations. All still have the punch tabs and perfect condition. I am going back today and hope the Wickett is still there. They also have/had another Fett, TIE fighter and Leia. I hid them but they coud have been found by now. I also picked up a Savage Opress The Clone Wars(CW55) and Clone Commander Colt (CW52). I'll get some pics up as soon as I get my camera to work. I think that was a pretty good haul for one trip and hopefully go back and pick up the others if it's worth the 35 minute drive? Any help would be appreciated and glad to join the site!
Jeff
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: "Revenge of the Jedi" variations question-new Reply with quote

crowbar36 wrote:
I'm sure this has been discussed some where but I just got back into collecting and new to the site. I went to Wal-Mart the other day and found some figures I hadn't seen before and that some figures had the "Revenge" of the Jedi variation. I was just wondering if they are more limited than the "Return" or if they were about the same? Anyway, I know I picked some good ones up, just not sure what the current market is for them. I picked the following "Revenge" figs up-Boba Fett(VC09)w/ limited addition prototype boba sticker, TIE fighter Pilot(VC65) blue back and the Princess Leia(slave Oufit)VC64 "Revenge" and "Return" variations. All still have the punch tabs and perfect condition. I am going back today and hope the Wickett is still there. They also have/had another Fett, TIE fighter and Leia. I hid them but they coud have been found by now. I also picked up a Savage Opress The Clone Wars(CW55) and Clone Commander Colt (CW52). I'll get some pics up as soon as I get my camera to work. I think that was a pretty good haul for one trip and hopefully go back and pick up the others if it's worth the 35 minute drive? Any help would be appreciated and glad to join the site!
Jeff

Hello Jeff and welcome! I too joined when I began to collect the VOTC/ VTC lines and man!!! you sure did come across a good haul, especially for one trip! These figures are not the easiest to find @ retail. I have seen that Leia on ebay for $40+, and I personally spent 17 and change on it shipped since they are not easy to come by Sad. As far as the Revenge and Return cards, simply a package variation to drive the MOC crazy lol. That is realyl good to find unpunched cardbacks @ retail! I too started out collecting this whole line on card. After half of a year I could not take it lol most of the newly released figures are just too good/ detailed to be kept in the package. With some motivation of other forum members/ moderators I opened up everything I acquired with NO regrets. Honestly though this depends on how you appreciate your action figures... I actually started playing with mine/ setting up scenes. That is how I have my fun/ appreciate! The packaging is great, do not get me wrong, but the figures within are that much better! I used to purchase copies of my favorites, leave one carded and open the other. But since my areas retail lacks current waves for the most part and I am left ordering online. The problem with this is sometimes you do not always get a perfect/ carded version, even when you buy "Collectors" version online. I would still get them bent, not the stores fault but when you are a perfectionist your patience beings to wear very, very thin. I got fed up with trying to store all the cards and worrying about them being bent personally lol. Some times the card backs in this line vary in thickness too. I have come across some very weak cardbacks recently, not sure if this was to cut cost or what but it just makes it harder for the MOC collectors. With all of this said, I respect you very much for having the patience/ will power to keep such great toys on card and as difficult as it may be at that! I have been a member for a little over a year and have experienced nothing but good times! There are awesome moderators/ members here that really make you feel welcome, I personally could not imagine nor would want to be a member anywhere else. Yodanews rocks because the people and atmosphere/ vibe are always positive! Thanks YodaNews and Welcome Jeff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: