www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVC Wave 2 (2012)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: TVC Wave 2 (2012) Reply with quote

Last edited by KitFisto on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring em' on Hasbro ! ! !
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on getting them all, except for Leia. I am most interested in the Mon Calamari pilot, and Colonel Cracken.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I plan on getting them all, except for Leia. I am most interested in the Mon Calamari pilot, and Colonel Cracken.

That Jedi Knight Luke is very near and dear to my heart, I am ecstatic that Hasbro is taking it a step further than Endor capture Luke! To have such a complete Jedi Knight version of Luke ahhh nana so excited! I am most excited for him then Mon Calamri Pilot and Colonel Cracken almost just as much. I love Pilots!! The other two Sand scene folk are neat but that is all they are to me... neat...
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word on the street is that this Luke Skywalker figure has an error. Apparently, his hair is parted on the wrong side. And, he comes with a standard Jedi robe, not the dark cloak that he wore in the film.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Word on the street is that this Luke Skywalker figure has an error. Apparently, his hair is parted on the wrong side. And, he comes with a standard Jedi robe, not the dark cloak that he wore in the film.

What a bummer...well if the head from the "Endor Capture" figure fits, that'll work just fine for me until/if a correction does take place.. as far as the robe the one that popped into mind as a perfect replacement would be Obi Wan's from the VOTC collection. The material is more-so vintage and is similar to the robes on the 79-83 figures. What robe would would you choose?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
What robe would would you choose?

Truth is, I haven't the foggiest notion. I don't like to put my figures in robes, since it obscures the detail of the sculpt. I throw all of the robes into my accessories bin, never to be used again. I can't even tell you which one goes with which figure.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
What robe would would you choose?

Truth is, I haven't the foggiest notion. I don't like to put my figures in robes, since it obscures the detail of the sculpt. I throw all of the robes into my accessories bin, never to be used again. I can't even tell you which one goes with which figure.

lol that would drive me nuts Shocked I think the Obi Wan would work fantastic, if that fails there are so many others I can try as well...

random but I have been dying to know...

When can we expect Jawa and Greedo figures in this line? Super nostalgic for me... My cousin was collecting while the POF2 line was active and me being around 6, I was extremely fascinated with the glowing eyes of the Jawas lol ... if you do not see one releasing soon what sculpt would you pick to fill the desire in the meantime?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
I think the Obi Wan would work fantastic, if that fails there are so many others I can try as well.

But keep in mind that Luke wore a black cloak during those scenes, not a brown robe. Something like this might work better:

http://rebelscum.com/sw0404lukejedi.asp

ridge913 wrote:
...if you do not see one releasing soon what sculpt would you pick to fill the desire in the meantime?

There have not been any announcements concerning these two figures in The Vintage Collection. But, there have already been spectacular releases of these characters. Here's the Greedo I prefer:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vgreedo.asp

And any Jawa from The Legacy Collection will do quite nicely. There's one with softgoods, and one without; so, you can take your pick.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
I think the Obi Wan would work fantastic, if that fails there are so many others I can try as well.

But keep in mind that Luke wore a black cloak during those scenes, not a brown robe. Something like this might work better:

http://rebelscum.com/sw0404lukejedi.asp

You are right about it being a cloak vs a robe but I am pretty certain is was dark brown as shown here as well as the initial vintage figure; the darker lighting of Jabba's palace tends to fools us, I may be slightly color blind though. Also I added a second picture from the replica robe you can purchase labled as "Luke Skywalker Jedi Cape":

Also the original Jedi Knight Luke also came with a brown cloak/ cape vs black.

ridge913 wrote:
...if you do not see one releasing soon what sculpt would you pick to fill the desire in the meantime?

There have not been any announcements concerning these two figures in The Vintage Collection. But, there have already been spectacular releases of these characters. Here's the Greedo I prefer:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vgreedo.asp

And any Jawa from The Legacy Collection will do quite nicely. There's one with softgoods, and one without; so, you can take your pick.

I picked up a few cloth free Jawas a couple months back, I feel I will not be happy until I have one/some with cloth... and that is the Greedo I currently own and agree, is awesome and more than enough. I just was not sure if Hasbro has some surprises in store... thanks MasterKit
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like that there is hope for this figure yet! Check it out:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9434/#details
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
It looks like that there is hope for this figure yet! Check it out:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9434/#details

I was going to do this as my quick fix but now IDK.. I don't like the lack of neck/ extra neck gained when the swap takes place... g-d forbid Hasbro gets a sculpt right the first time... sheesh
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so pumped that we get two Lando characters out of this one figure! Both the deleted scene character, and him in his Jaba's palace attire... I know the helmet was an early sign of this, but I didn't want to get my hopes up until I saw the rest of his outfit that has been hidden underneath that cloak...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: