www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 TVC Figures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the price has been raised to $26.99. A significant jump from this score.

A bit of digging at target.com didn't reveal either set, but it did turn up the following:
MTT DCPI 087-06-0846
Bespin battlepack DCPI 087-06-0216
Episode 1 Duel battlepack DCPI 087-06-0216
As well as the not so new, but no so easy to find:
Republic Sub with Scuba Clone Tropper DCPI 087-06-2412
Recon Fighter With Anakin DCPI 087-06-2412
Republic Attack Dropship with Clone Pilot DCPI 087-06-2412
Jedi Turbo Speeder DCPI 087-06-1347
Republic Commander Boss DCPI 087-06-2411
Scuba Ahsoka DCPI 087-06-2411

You can hit the "find in store" button on any of those pages, enter your zip, and you'll get a list of all the stores nearest you. All of it (other than the MTT and Jedi Speeder) is available at my closest store. I intend to drop in this afternoon, but I doubt I'll find any of it on the shelves. From what I've read, it's being held for the end of the month reset.

Additionally, you can use this page - which I believe is intended for smartphones - to help you locate things. That link has the DCPI for the exclusive Snaggletooth and Power Droid 3-packs.

updated to add:
I stopped in to Target this afternoon. They had the Naboo and Bespin battlepacks on the shelf, but none of the other stuff I listed above. The smartphone link indicated that my store (as well as pretty much all the others in the state) have the exclusive Snaggletooth and Power Droid 3-packs in stock, though when I punched in the DCPI code in store, it showed them as being out of stock. I assume they are in, but that they are being held for the reset.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$26.99?! Ugh. Sad
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST-321 wrote:
$26.99?! Ugh. Sad

Given the higher price, I am going to think long and hard about that droid set. The Snaggletooth is a purchase, for sure. But those droids? Hmmm...

aceface wrote:
From what I've read, it's being held for the end of the month reset.

I've also read about the Target reset over on the Rebelscum forums. There is a member there who is the manager of the toy section at a Target store, and he says that the reset is coming at the end of the month (27th-29th, I think), and that he should know what product will be available around the 19th. I'm keenly interested to hear what he has to say about that.

Also, another member over there said that he was at the recent JoeCon, and that he had a conversation with DePriest. This member says that DePriest is blaming poor sales of Star Wars figures on the decline in viewership of The Clone Wars (yeah, they're beating that horse again). And, he claims that Depriest told him that the 3D movie did nothing for their sales this year. This has made me quite interested in hearing what Hasbro is going to say during their panel at SDCC. I will be disappointed in them if they start pointing fingers for their poor business decisions.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I will be disappointed in them if they start pointing fingers for their poor business decisions.

It sounds as if they already are.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those look great! thanks for sharing
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Aurra Sing is a straight re-pack. I think it was back in April that I read somewhere that word from Hasbro was that she wouldn't have the case of lightsabers for her vintage re-release.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this new ROTJ stuff is making me very excited... Orrimaarko, Lumat, Ewok packs, new speederbike, new biker scouts, AT-ST driver pack... nana
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
All this new ROTJ stuff is making me very excited... Orrimaarko, Lumat, Ewok packs, new speederbike, new biker scouts, AT-ST driver pack... nana

I guess I have finally reached the point of saturation when it comes to movie figures. At this stage, I could not be more bored with collecting Star Wars figures than I am right now. Well, I might become even more bored in the future if these case assortments continue the current trend. It seems as though most of the figures we saw at SDCC are just reculpts of figures that we have already received in some form or another over the last 15 years. Yet another Royal Guard? A resculpt of Luminara and Pablo-Jill? Another repack/repaint of the Sandtrooper, and the Scout Trooper? Wake me up in 2014, please. I am happy to get some Ewok love this Fall; but I can't say that I don't already have a small Ewok army at my disposal at this very moment. Besides Jocasta Nu, where are the new characters?? Where is the freshness? Although I am pleased to get definitive versions of these characters, that's not really enough to get me out of bed in the morning and go on a hunt.

Now, if Hasbro would reverse their policy with regard to The Clone Wars, or just flip it with the realistic line, then I would be one happy collector. If I were the King of Hasbro, I would restrict the realistics to 20 figures a year (10 repacks/10 new sculpts), and then pour tons of effort into supporting the animated show. But that's just my fanboy fantasy.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I am quite happy with the re-releases. I have been hoping for something like this for a while, with quality characters (clones in my case). Since I stopped collecting back in 05, then restarted around 2010, I missed some good things, even back before 05 I wasn't an avid collector. but recently I've focused much effort to my clone army and need some older (and expensive) sets.

Is AOTC coming to theaters next year? because I don't see why they would have imperial troopers for that movie Neutral
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can easily understand where you are coming from... but I had 0 action figures when I started collecting in 2010 so I have been diligently buying figures from older collections/ lines such as Legacy, Saga etc. I only do this to acquire characters that Hasbro will most likely not revisit or simply must haves IMO.... With that said I have chose to wait for a lot of newer stuff instead of buying older versions that lack modern articulation/ the standard detail of today. So I am always happy when I get rewarded with stuff I do not have simply because I was patient Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: