www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDCC (2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to add: is it possible we might see a brown speeder in the "butt" this time to match endor?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videogod wrote:
Anyone know if Hasbrotoyshop.com is going to have the SDCC Carbonite Chamber set for sale this week? In the past they have done SDCC exclusives and of course are usually a train wreck trying to purchase

Thanks to a heads-up from our good buddy, Ridge, the SDCC-exclusive Carbonite set is now available for order on HTS:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-vintage-carbonite-chamber-7-pack?BR=495&ID=30494
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is JTA's interview with Hasbro:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10216/#details
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is SSG's Q&A with Hasbro (concerning TVC):

SirStevesGuide.com: Prices have gone up on vehicles ten dollars this last year. And, at that time, almost nothing shipped new. Very little, I think one or two waves were shipped at all, and none of them were new, they were just repacks. What has been happening there and will we see a return to new tooling or at least tooling that was hard to get?

Hasbro (BM): Aside from exclusives?

SirStevesGuide.com: Aside from exclusives, yes.

Hasbro (JL): In the mainline, you're right. Due to costs, and labor costs, and the plastic costs we did have to raise the price. And it's a massive tooling library we have. Very high quality vehicles. There is certainly more we would love to do and there is plenty that we can do as exclusives. You will see some interesting vehicles coming out in 2013.

SirStevesGuide.com: New ones?

Hasbro (JL): New ones. We can't talk a lot about that yet. Hopefully, you'll be in Orlando when we can share some news. Our goal. What helps us, as much as it helps the fans, is being able to get good, solid, high quality 3 3/4 vehicles, core classic vehicles in fans' hands. We realize that the price now has become prohibitive to a lot of folks who are paying the mortgage, and the babysitter, and so our goal is to find a way - any way possible - to get good vehicles out there with a very healthy, nice price point. Preferably around 19 dollar, 20 dollar mark. So hopefully we can figure that out for 2013.

Hasbro (DD): Yeah. Right on.

Hasbro (BM): And you thought Derryl gave long answers.

SirStevesGuide.com: So, with Build-a-Droid, is there going to be a continued lack of theme for each wave? Because you guys have moved away from theming and a lot collectors don't really understand the voice of each wave without theming.

Hasbro (BM): Really?

SirStevesGuide.com: Yeah. It's like "it's just stuff". You know, it's like, "Oh here's this and here's that." With Return of the Jedi, here's the Death Star. The scenes used to be concentrated where you did a case and it would be like Tatooine.

[This question causes the Hasbro team some surprise and confusion, and prompts a lot of fast discussion, thinking that we're asking for themes to come back - JT]

Hasbro (BM): They'd rather have themes as opposed to...?

SirStevesGuide.com: No no no, I'm just saying they don't understand how it works now.

Hasbro (BM): Well, they're the cool figures.

SirStevesGuide.com: Is that it? Is that just how it's planned?

Hasbro (DD): Yeah, it's, you know, there's no right answer for everybody. So, when we were doing themed waves, the prevailing voice on the forums seemed to be "Hasbro, go away from the themed waves", because you had guys say, "I don't want an Episode 2 wave." You know, believe it or not, people are still like "original trilogy." So the best way to get, we think, the best figures out there was to break the theming. We responded to the fans on that. So, that's what we'll continue to do, is not have, you know, movie themed waves coming. We will continue to mix it up between the series to give the most traction for every wave. Somebody should always have something to have an access point to with every wave.

SirStevesGuide.com: No Ahsoka figure has ever shipped with her last name on it. No "Ahsoka Tano". Why?

Hasbro (BM): ... I don't know.

Hasbro (DD): [Laughs] That's a good question.

Hasbro (JL): I do know the answer to that and there's a reason we're not doing that. Just like, with a lot of figures, due to certain trademark-related issues that, you know, sometimes we use the name, whole name, and sometimes we abbreviate. In this case, we have to abbreviate the word.

SirStevesGuide.com: I know the [someone from] packaging isn't here right now, but you guys just did the Imperial Navy Commander figure. And they changed the face, why change the face on the card?

Hasbro (DD): Do you want to answer this one as well?

SirStevesGuide.com: Oh, I'm sorry. I'm supposed to ask. Was this someone's uncle wanted to be famous?

Hasbro (DD): [Laughs] No, actually, we've gone away from recognizable likenesses in many cases. And, you know, we work with Lucasfilm on those likenesses. Right.

Hasbro (JL): Right.

Hasbro (DD): We get strong direction in many cases, so.

SirStevesGuide.com: This is the card back photo itself?

Hasbro (DD): Yes, the photo. Yeah. That as well.

Hasbro (JL): So, it's always very purposeful. Not because we're trying to make someone's uncle famous.

SirStevesGuide.com: Why that specific face?

Hasbro (JL): It's because similar to your question about Ahsoka. There's sometimes some sort of preexisting issue that, you know, we will be working with Lucasfilm to...

Hasbro (DD): And that's about as far as we can go on that.

SirStevesGuide.com: So the wave numbers have changed on the cases. They used to be a solid number and now they're 1.1, 2.2, 2.5. Why is that?

Hasbro (JL): Yes. That is because we are trying so hard to develop these interim waves to get re-release figures out there. So after we plan, you know, a year and half in advance what waves we're going to do, we start to see things get a little bit bottled up and we want to react quickly. So we stick in between waves and that's where you get those other numbers.

SirStevesGuide.com: Is it hard to get retailers on board with that kind of ordering system where you move it a little faster?

Hasbro (JL): No, not at all. No issue.

SirStevesGuide.com: Because it seems to me like it was all done like with the ratios. You know ratio 1, ratio 2.

Hasbro (JL): Yeah. No, they's no relationship between that numbering system and retail issues.

Hasbro (DD): They don't even speak that language. That's our internal language. Our systems are relatively flexible, but once it's set up, that's it. That's why you get the inbetween.

SirStevesGuide.com: On the figures, more and more of the Vintage Collection figures, which are supposed to be top notch and not have to be redone, the hinge joints in like ankles and knees are not getting painted. So there's a significant mismatch. It's tan hinge on a black piece. Why is that and how can that be addressed?

Hasbro (DD): You take it.

Hasbro (BM): They actually will scratch off any way. If we can save that paint operation for something that's more impactful, we're going to do that.

SirStevesGuide.com: Why not shoot them on the same color tool if it's available?

Hasbro (BM): That's the way that the tool is laid out.

Hasbro (DD): It's a complicated decision. Really, figure-by-figure, how it's laid out.

Hasbro (BM): You might think that it's easy. Oh, just make another tool. Well, that costs money and it's going to take away from something else on the figure.

SirStevesGuide.com: So Kithaba. His card back picture is actually just a reverse of Barada and photoshop to look like Kithaba. Why?

Hasbro (JL): That I do not know the answer to. I wish.

SirStevesGuide.com: Lucasfilm gave it to you or...?

Hasbro (JL): I don't know the answer.

SirStevesGuide.com: Oh, okay. Alright. Thank you very much.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez haha is there always tension?!? I love how he is so direct with his questions, this is interesting stuff! thanks for sharing!
videogod
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: SDCC Carbonite Chamber Reply with quote

Fedex just dropped off my SDCC Carbonite Chamber from Hasbrotoyshop.com, One word Gigantic! didn't realize it was so big

Love it!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: SDCC Carbonite Chamber Reply with quote

videogod wrote:
Fedex just dropped off my SDCC Carbonite Chamber from Hasbrotoyshop.com, One word Gigantic! didn't realize it was so big

Love it!

If you can, do take pics. Thanks!
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: SDCC Carbonite Chamber Reply with quote

videogod wrote:

Love it!

If I bought something like this I would want to keep it carded. As others have reported the cards all seem to have the same bend/ crease in them... is this the case with your set?
videogod
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im definitely keeping it all like it came, I'm not sure if the cards are creased cause I'm not pulling them out of set but Jar Jar carbonite card looks minty
videogod
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to my facebook group Central New York Geekdom where I have posted the pictures as I cannot figure out how to do it on here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150948002235981.414894.592680980&type=1
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: