www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVC Wave 7 (2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
It looks as though this wave is not going to be carried at retail. So, you better start hunting for these online.

That doesn't really seem all that different from any of the recent prior waves. Hasbro seems determined to kill (or at the very least) cripple the Star Wars line. Oh, if I were King...
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
KitFisto wrote:
It looks as though this wave is not going to be carried at retail. So, you better start hunting for these online.

That doesn't really seem all that different from any of the recent prior waves. Hasbro seems determined to kill (or at the very least) cripple the Star Wars line. Oh, if I were King...

That's what I am saying! Now we officially can't complain about distribution! They have turned it around on us!

Unless this is to get an idea how many are guaranteed to sell... to help with future distribution that is. With customers directly buying vs "the retailer for customer" scenario they now know exactly what they will need, no more guesstimates from stores on what may or may not sell... the stuff is friggin sold 100% when the customer reaches out and buys somewhat direct! It is like an "as per order" type of thing... hopefully Hasbro studies the outcome of this wave and applies the same numbers to future waves to avoid future distribution problems... This can be taken care of, hopefully this is Hasbro doing just that.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:

See? Hasbro solved the "distribution problem" by temporarily removing the middle man altogether. But that's probably because the retailers refused to order these cases in light of the glut of slow-selling product from earlier this year, and the fact that a new line will be launching at the beginning of 2013.

I don't want to pay $130 for a case that includes repacks (DTF), crossovers ("realistic" TCW) and figures that are of absolutely no interest to me (EU). I'll just acquire the ones that I want individually at the end of the year.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought much of the vintage line this year. Same goes for Clone Wars and Movie Heroes. I'm rapidly getting to the point where the frustration outpaces the fun of collecting.

Actually, I'm there and have been there for well over a year. I've kept on collecting in the hope that things will improve. But they haven't really. In fact, they've only worsened. Prices have steadily increased, distribution has steadily decreased. And as much as Hasbro would have us believe this is due to factors outside of their control, I can't help but believe otherwise. While I have seen price increases from LEGO, I haven't seen any kind of distribution problems. The latest LEGO Star Wars sets were released at the end of July and I have half of them already.

I skipped the exclusive San Diego Comicon Carbon Freezing set entirely. Partly because of my hatred of exclusives in general, partly because of my unwillingness to pay for packaging variations, but mostly because the price point was significantly more than $10 per figure. I believe $10 per figure by itself is overpriced. So, when I see this final wave of 12 is an online exclusive for what appears to be a minimum of $120 + shipping, I'm inclined to say "pass." There are some decent figures there, but there are also some that I already have and don't need to buy again. Especially at $10+ each.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebelscum is reporting that this wave is showing up at Walmart in Canada. But it appears to still be an online-exclusive in the United States:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Final_TVC_Wave_Found_At_Walmart_Canada_148884.asp

And, according to JediTempleArchives, K-Mart is featuring a picture of the Obi-Wan from this wave in its recent discount ad (probably just an oversight):

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: