www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVC Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-ordered 08/01 @ BBTS and honestly surprised to see they have sold out by this morning:

Final Vintage Wave Smile You know the... "Online Exclusive"

I bet this is a distribution tactic on Hasbro's part to avoid complaints. IF these turn up in stores, no matter how little show up, we can not complain since they technically were never intended to hit stores to begin with. It's one of those "your lucky to even find in stores" type scenarios
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrived today! Thanks BBTS!

I have been really torn on which set to keep carded. It is still not too late for Vader, Leia, and the Sandtrooper to remain on the black and silver cardbacks; but for the others, they have already been removed from their plastic prisons unfortunately. What would you all do/ have done?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would open the special edition set, since you don't want a gap in your TVC carded collection, right? But I am a pretty poor judge of what to keep carded, since I open everything.

I was able to find three DS Luke figures at Walmart this morning (I bought two of them, and one of them I plan on returning); and I found the Snaggletooth 3-pack at Target. I only purchased the 3-pack because I wanted to find a Snaggletooth with better paint apps than the first one I got (that set only cost me $5.93, since a buddy of mine had an employee bring it out from the back, and it was still scanning at the discount price at that time). When I first got it, I purposefully kept it in the packaging because I wasn't crazy about the paint apps. I plan on returning the pack with the least desirable paint apps and get my $24.99 back later this weekend.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I would open the special edition set, since you don't want a gap in your TVC carded collection, right? But I am a pretty poor judge of what to keep carded, since I open everything.

I was able to find three DS Luke figures at Walmart this morning (I bought two of them, and one of them I plan on returning); and I found the Snaggletooth 3-pack at Target. I only purchased the 3-pack because I wanted to find a Snaggletooth with better paint apps than the first one I got (that set only cost me $5.93, since a buddy of mine had an employee bring it out from the back, and it was still scanning at the discount price at that time). When I first got it, I purposefully kept it in the packaging because I wasn't crazy about the paint apps. I plan on returning the pack with the least desirable paint apps and get my $24.99 back later this weekend.

Oh that gap has long been here already... You convinced me probably around this time last year to open everything I had carded(obviously not doubles) So unless I really love the figure enough to keep it carded... it does not stay carded. I have decided to keep the "Lost Line" carded as I do not want to break up that set Wink (keeping your thoughts in mind exactly) All I have carded at this point are:
-VOTC fully carded and star cased all 24!
-VSC fully carded and star cased all 6!
-TVC The Lost Line carded and star cased

(I will provide photos at some point) here are a few examples of TVC that I have gone back for/ decided to keep carded and star cased:
Death Star escape Luke x1
Hoth Luke x3
Jedi Knight Luke no peg hole variant x1
Lightsaber Construction Luke x1
Vader: removable helmet Fett offer/ VC93
Grand Moff Tarkin
Brown Bandana Kithaba
Trench Coat Han
Dengar
4-Lom
Imperial Navy commander
Quinlon Vos
Starkiller
Obi Wan cross over
Anakin cross over

and many more...But as you can, it is just scattered and a variety at this point of what I really like!
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a few figures on Amazon yesterday:
Nikto Skiff Guard
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
and the new Starkiller
At $12.99/figure and free shipping it seemed like a pretty good deal.
Now I just gotta find Malgus...
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
I purchased a few figures on Amazon yesterday:
Nikto Skiff Guard
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
and the new Starkiller
At $12.99/figure and free shipping it seemed like a pretty good deal.
Now I just gotta find Malgus...

I have one Star Cased and un-punched available. If that is something that entices you. But if you do not plan on keep carded I understand completely. This specific Malgus literally went from factory sealed Hasbro case, then to a protec StarCase, then right into a 20 gallon tub in the collecting closet. Let me know if you want a guaranteed, and fresh Malgus! Smile

Really a nice lot! Nikto, that Aayla Secura is such an awesome figure, and Starkiller is so neat, as he comes with two outfits and a lot of accessories! I had to buy a second to keep carded, he just had that effect on me and a lot of that had to do with his awesome and dark card back!

Enjoy your lot, those certainly are some great figures you certainly wont regret!
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I open everything, so that would be completely wasted on me...thank you for the offer though. I'm sure he'll turn up eventually.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just acquired Tarkin in a trade with a guy over on the Rebelscum forums.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:

Nice! Love that figure! Even with the soft goods. Such a striking figure, if that make sense to anyone else? Haha
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

Nice! Love that figure! Even with the soft goods. Such a striking figure, if that make sense to anyone else? Haha

Actually, I asked my trading partner to exchange the Tarkin with the Nikto. I much prefer the latter figure, and I was excited when he agreed to it. Tarkin is just one of those characters that I can wait ages for - I have never found him to be an interesting character.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

Actually, I asked my trading partner to exchange the Tarkin with the Nikto. I much prefer the latter figure, and I was excited when he agreed to it. Tarkin is just one of those characters that I can wait ages for - I have never found him to be an interesting character.

When deciding over the two I agree. Nikto is done extremely well. Very detailed from the shoes to those eyes. What impressed me most on Tarkin is how they were able to capture the age and likeness so well! He looks old and wrinkly, even his hands! Solid trade though in my opinion! Nikto is far more useful! thumbleft
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
When deciding over the two I agree. Nikto is done extremely well. Very detailed from the shoes to those eyes. What impressed me most on Tarkin is how they were able to capture the age and likeness so well! He looks old and wrinkly, even his hands! Solid trade though in my opinion! Nikto is far more useful!

It was the shoes that won me over. A wrinkled, stuffy Imperial officer, or an alien with party shoes?? No contest!

ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
It was the shoes that won me over. A wrinkled, stuffy Imperial officer, or an alien with party shoes?? No contest!

Couldn't have said it any better!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local trading buddy picked up a Lost Line Jar Jar for me yesterday. I was able to get an Avengers Nick Fury (#17) for him, so it's time for a sweet trade! Very Happy
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
My local trading buddy picked up a Lost Line Jar Jar for me yesterday. I was able to get an Avengers Nick Fury (#17) for him, so it's time for a sweet trade! Very Happy

That's awesome! How do you feel about he neck joint in the TVC version? I love the look of the figure overall, but the neck joint does bother me a little. I love the cloth goods and paint application though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 32 of 38

Jump to: