www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Class 2 Vehicles (Wave 1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Legacy Collection - 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Class 2 Vehicles (Wave 1) Reply with quote

DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

republic fighter tank again?!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
republic fighter tank again?!

All of that stuff....again. Rolling Eyes
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But aren't they using smaller molds? I thought I read that somewhere.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
But aren't they using smaller molds? I thought I read that somewhere.

Hmm...smaller molds. Same design, but smaller? It's interesting that you mention this, since I met up with my trading buddy this morning, and he mentioned something about the vehicles being smaller. I assumed that he meant that Hasbro was just going to be sticking to making only the smaller vehicles from the saga. It never crossed my mind that they were going to offer previously-released vehicles, but on a smaller scale.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaller is only good if smaller= in scale. If it's just hasbro "making the line kid oriented" I want none of this crap :/
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some photo links on this thread:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=7019&p=122560#p122560
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no... just no ... non
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
There are some photo links on this thread:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=7019&p=122560#p122560

Wow, that is a smaller scale. But since I do not collect vehicles, this change in scale does not affect my collecting habits at all.

And I also cannot say that it surprises me, since I think we are going to see a contraction of sorts with regard to what Hasbro offers in the Star Wars brand over the next several years. In fact, aceface may get his wish, in that Hasbro might reduce their focus with regard to what they offer. Case in point: Amp'd has all but disappeared from the radar. No mention of it on the part of Hasbro or on the part of collectors. Galactic Heroes has been gone for a while, replaced by Jedi Force. But the latter has a relatively small footprint in the retail aisle. Action figures, vehicles, role-play and Fighter Pods seem to be what Hasbro is focusing on right now, with the first two categories undergoing a "recession" of sorts with regard to selection and articulation (figures), and now scale (vehicles). And I can only imagine that Fighter Pods are incredibly cheap to produce.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Wow, that is a smaller scale. But since I do not collect vehicles, this change in scale does not affect my collecting habits at all.

And as I have not seen much in the way of vehicles in the past year, it appears it won't affect my collecting habits much either.

Quote:
...aceface may get his wish, in that Hasbro might reduce their focus with regard to what they offer.

Yes, it certainly seems that way. The thing I just can't quite understand is that the LEGO Star Wars line, while it has less actual items, takes up just as much shelf space (in fact more, from what I've seen) and yet, there have been NO distribution problems with it at all. I have found every set I've wanted (which is ALL of them) without problem. In fact, I can easily find most everything from the past year.

The current (July) LEGO SW line up is approximately 13 sets (1 or 2 may be exclusives, I'm not exactly sure yet). Add to that another dozen from the the first quarter of this year (also with TRU and Target exclusives) that can still easily be found in stores. Add to that a half dozen of the smaller 2011 sets that can also still be found in stores.

Hasbro, as we know, is a completely different story. I don't have a Toys R Us in my immediate vicinity. The closest one is a good 150 miles away, so I don't get to it more than a handful of times a year. My routine instore shopping is limited to Fred Meyer (2 of them), Walmart (2 of them), and Target (1 of them). I also have a Shopko, Ross, Kohls, a pair of Rite-Aids, and a pair of Bi-marts - but I only stop in to those when I hear of there being something worthwhile to stop in for.

Fred Meyer stopped carrying the larger, "class II" vehicles about a year and a half ago. They still stock the battlepacks and the smaller, "class I" vehicles (I still call those the deluxe figures), but they are a good 6 months behind on stocking anything new there, though there is plenty of empty shelf space for them at every FM I visit. I haven't seen any new vintage figures at FM since the ATOC wave (2nd quarter 2011). I have seen the first two waves of both the 2012 Movie Heroes and Clone Wars figures (though wave 2 of both seems to have only shipped once as far as I can tell).

Target carries all three lines, but I've seen nothing past wave 1 of each. I did see the Bespin & Naboo battlepacks (the ones with the figures of limited articulation) - which, so far, is the only place I've seen those. That was only once as well. The Star Wars area in the Target in my area has been pretty much lacking for the past few months. Last time I was in, all they had were a handful of 2012 wave 1 CW & MH figs, a few Cloud Car Pilots from the early days of Vintage, a few "class I" vehicles, and maybe 2 each of the podracers and V-Wing from earlier this year. Like FM, plenty of shelf/peg space lying empty.

Walmart. Land of the great unwashed. I despise Walmart and die a little every time I force myself to stop there. Yet, I must concede, that I've seen nearly every wave of all three lines there this year. I've also seen all of the vehicles (both "classes") and most all of the battlepacks. However, I've only bought the exclusive Starship Droid battlepack from them. It's simply not a place I like to go. I rarely stop in because I know exactly what's waiting for me: bent cards, crushed boxes, and even returned items (that have been swapped out with older stuff). In the event I do find something, somewhat minty fresh, it will inevitably get smashed by a sullen (at worst) or absent-minded (at best) clerk during the bagging process. The image I have is of the unkempt, overweight cook at greasy truck stop, slopping day-old beans on to your plate, saying "Dere ya go, hon!," and then cackling madly. The sloppy joes lunch lady from BILLY MADISON also comes to mind. Anyway, I don't shop there unless a) there's an exclusive I want or b) I'm desperate.

Another thing that keeps me out of Walmart is their lack of sales. I can't remember the last time I saw a sale there. Not counting clearances, it has definitely been years. Target has been much better. I've seen quite a few things on sale there this year - including the Force FX lightsaber I picked up back in April for around $15, that I gave as a birthday present to my friend's 6-year old yesterday. Blew his mind! And his parents'. But Fred Meyer has been the most consistent for me with sales. Pretty much every month, there has a been a sale on LEGO. Usually 20% off, but sometimes as high as 30% off. The Hasbro stuff has also gone on sale, but since there hasn't been much of it, I've only been able to pick up the first two waves of CW figures and the few MH figures I've wanted. I've bought no vintage figures this year, beyond a few of last years' figures that I found at Tuesday Morning.

I'm pleased that Hasbro is (or at least appears to be) tightening their focus for 2013. But if they can't solve their distribution issues, then what does it really matter?
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Class 2 Vehicles (Wave 1) Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:

"1st Reveal!"

If I may summon my inner Rick Moranis/Dark Helmet, "No, no, no! Go past this! Pass this part! In fact, never (show) this again!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Legacy Collection - 2013 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: