www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie Heroes/Discover the Force Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kinda funny to me that by adding all the accessories they have made many people (myself included) want to buy a second set. If they had not included the extra accessories it would be an easy one and done...for me anyway.

They (Hasbro) did the same thing to me with the Vintage Collection's ARC Trooper Commander (Fordo). By including extra accessories, I felt like I really needed a second (and third and fourth) to display all the combinations. I would have done it with Ponda Boba too if I could have found a second one. Every time they include a second head/helmet and or other "change-out-able" accessories, I feel compelled to get a second one. I guess I'm surprised they don't do it more often, especially with the troubles they have had with running change figures.

Also, I just tracked my order and the package from Toys R Us arrived at the sorting facility in Utah yesterday so I may get my ewoks today!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
It is kinda funny to me that by adding all the accessories they have made many people (myself included) want to buy a second set. If they had not included the extra accessories it would be an easy one and done...for me anyway.

Curto said the same thing in his podcast: you have to buy two sets if you want to display all of the possible variations at once. But since I do not display figures, I am content with just having one set. But it's still tempting.
Ewok_village
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need two more of the Ewok pack Confused My childhood love for the Ewoks has cursed me into THREE of every freakin' Ewok that gets made! I don't complain though, I like 'em way too much to complain.
I have like 8 of the Nho'Appak and Paploo ewok two packs, from the Legacy Collection, because I kept finding them on clearance at a WalMart Shocked I bought every dang one!
...... oh, and 8 Chife Chripas from Saga Collection - ummm yeah, I'm an Ewok freak
Maybe I should post pics of my Ewok collection sometime Smile

"Not bad for a little furball there's only one left"
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewok_village wrote:
Maybe I should post pics of my Ewok collection sometime

You definitely should post some pics, I know I'd love to see them.

Also, my Ewok pack finally came in the mail yesterday. I haven't opened it yet, but I couldn't be happier with it. Such a great set.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local trading buddy just called, and he said that he was able to find the new TRU-exclusive Speeder Bike pack for me. It rang up at $21.99.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one with the biker scout? boy am I missing a crap load of stuff cwm10
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just returned from Target where I'd hoped to find that night sister battlepack. They didn't have it, but I did find (and buy) Bespin Battle (Vader, Luke, & Boba) and Duel On Naboo (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Maul).
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the Return of Darth Maul pack today at lunch. I went to a different Target than my usual Target and there is was.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
Found the Return of Darth Maul pack today at lunch. I went to a different Target than my usual Target and there is was.

Glad that you told me not to nab it for you yesterday! Wink
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up two MTT's for $60 each. And how did I manage such a thing, you may well ask? Well, I went to Fred Meyer this morning in search of a chocolate muffin and after acquiring said muffin, I was on my way out when I noticed a flier for a "starlight sale" starting at 4pm today in which all Star Wars and Transformers would be buy 1 get 1 free. So, I thought about that for a few minutes and reasoned that even if it were to go cheaper on clearance or on an Amazon lightning deal, it still might not drop lower than $50. So I returned at 4pm and picked up two of the three that were on the shelf. Now I don't have to worry about finding that one anymore. AND I've got a second for my invasion army!

UPDATED TO ADD:
For my original MTT purchase, there was supposed to be a coupon available. However, none was present and no one was able to find one for me, so I was instructed point out the add to the checkout person and have him or her do an override. As it happened, my checkout person elected to simply ring one up and let me have the other one. So my receipt only showed one. A day or two before Christmas, Fred Meyer had all Star Wars figures on sale for 30% off. So,... I went back and picked up the last MTT they had and then returned it a few days later on the original receipt - lowering my price of the the first two I picked up to $47.25 each.

From what I'm reading online, Walmart is clearancing these things out. I think they currently are dropped to a little over $60. But I would not be surprised in the slightest to see them go lower. I, however, am perfectly fine with what I paid - as it means that I can avoid Walmart alltogether!!!!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get the MH Obi-Wan Kenobi (MH16) at Target for $6.98 this week. This is the one with the light-up lightsaber feature - just push the belt buckle. I really only want this one because of the badass head sculpt - the body does not interest me. I am hoping to do a headswap with the 2009 Obi-Wan from the Legacy collection. Probably won't swap easily, though.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Pre-Ordered from Amazon:

-The Vintage Collection Slave I
&
-TIE Interceptor
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:

&
-TIE Interceptor

Woah! That just set you back $150, right? Shocked
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:

&
-TIE Interceptor

Do you feel this is too far off the actual retail price? Sad

I promised myself I would collect but not over-pay/ pre-order as much as I have in the past year... I just got so excited and felt I needed to catch up with the years/ figures I have missed collecting. The storm has finally settled and I am just waiting for new releases as far as modern day figures go. I am still acquiring Hong Kong COO (unless not available). I recently acquired both Yak Face and Amanaman in excellent conditions. I really hope to see a modern Yak Face or Amanaman figure soon! It would be so epic!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:

&
-TIE Interceptor

Do you feel this is too far off the actual retail price? Sad

Nope. Those are Amazon exclusives, so you paid retail for them. But it's still a lot of dough. It's all relative, though. I'm just getting cheaper in my old age!

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: