www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clone Wars Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
And it's a shame, because I would much rather buy toys from a toy store than Walmart or Target.

Agreed. I also don't like their prices - which seem to be, across the board, considerably higher than MSRP. Their "sales" usually bring them down to MSRP level. The current Hasbro MTT is an excellent example of this. You would have to be desperate to buy one of those from TRU.
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
Agreed. I also don't like their prices - which seem to be, across the board, considerably higher than MSRP.
And the thing is, if they actually had a decent selection, I would be perfectly willing to pay their prices to shop for toys in a toy store. The combination of lousy selection and higher prices, however, makes at least nine out of every ten trips to the suburbs to visit a TRU a complete waste of time.

On my last trip, though, I did get two First Edition Transformers: Prime toys for my niece's Christmas haul at BOGO 50% off prices. That brought them down to $11 each, which is $4 less than other Big Box retailers.
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely certain if these are Clone Wars or Movie Heroes, but the 104th Battalion "Wolf Pack" Clone Troopers Ultimate Gift Set is currently on sale for $15.11 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. I just ordered a set for myself.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of a non-purchase to report. I went to TRU over the weekend to shop for MiniMates, and I found all of the new Class 1 vehicles in their green (Yoda) packaging. I was tempted to get the AT-RT with ARF Trooper and Tactical Droid, but there just wasn't enough newness to get me to drop $23.99. Perhaps if Hasbro had sculpted the correct helmet for the Trooper, and packaged him as an AT-RT Driver instead of just a repainted ARF, then I might have bought the set. As it is, I left it on the peg, to be snatched up not five minutes later by another adult collector who was stuffing his cart full of Transformers stuff.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
...but there just wasn't enough newness to get me to drop $23.99. Perhaps if Hasbro had sculpted the correct helmet for the Trooper, and packaged him as an AT-RT Driver instead of just a repainted ARF, then I might have bought the set.

personally I like the arf trooper design, so a re-paint is fine by me. the newish helmet they used in the umbara series was a bit goofy to me, sort of in between the two helmet designs. but for $23 seems a bit steep, but that may just be me.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
but for $23 seems a bit steep, but that may just be me.

For my wallet, $24 (plus applicable sales tax), is exorbitant for a package of repaints. There is nothing new in that AT-RT pack; and I need a little "new" for me to crack open my wallet right now. Granted, if this pack had been released closer to the broadcast of the Umbara story-arc (October-November, 2011) , then I probably would have purchased two of them (just to get the 501st AT-RTs). But enough time has passed to temper my enthusiasm. Now, if Hasbro had packed in a "tremendous" General Krell, instead of a repaint of a tactical droid, then I certainly would have purchased two!!
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
DarkusLord wrote:
but for $23 seems a bit steep, but that may just be me.

For my wallet, $24 (plus applicable sales tax), is exorbitant for a package of repaints. There is nothing new in that AT-RT pack; and I need a little "new" for me to crack open my wallet right now.
If they had just packaged two 501st troops instead of the Tactical Droid, I'd have bought the one I saw on Sunday. I may still get it, but not at that price so soon after spending a pile of cash on the holidays.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure when, but i will definitely be getting it. I really like the look, and I have no at-rt since I started collecting again, so it's a nice thing ton have. may get two if the price lowers later on.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local collecting buddy snagged me a Darth Maul Returns Battle Pack for $5.48!

Very Happy
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought the new 501st drop ship and the at-rt from target.com for a whopping $48. ($20 a piece, $6 shipping) it's a bit more than what I would want to pay for these, but they are probably the only things I will be getting for a while, it's not a terrible loss.

EDIT: received both items today, very quick shipping! Smile I was a little disappointed on my arf trooper. the painting looks good, but his wrists were worn away to the point where I could see the pegs at the back of his hands.

The dropship is an interesting concept. I find it cool yet silly at the same time. in the attack fighter mode, my figure cant look to see where he's going. in the drop mode I find it odd that these troopers hanging off the back wouldnt like to take a normal more secure and less likely to be shot gunship. In the end it's a cool toy and another pilot figure for my collection.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up all 4 of the new "mini-rigs" today: AT-RT, MTT Droid Fighter, Attack Dropship, & Yoda's Jedi Fighter.

The AT-RT is my least favorite. It's a far cry from the paint apps of the past 15 years.

The Droid Fighter is probably my favorite. I especially like that it's made to hide in the MTT.

I wasn't going to get the Attack Dropship, but it looks like it has been repainted (blue) from last year's version (red).

Yoda's fighter is somewhat silly. It looks like they took a regular Jedi fighter, lopped off 2/3 of it, gave it to Yoda, and said "Deal bitch!"
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Target last night to get my daughter some LEGO Friends, and decided to check the boys' aisle, too. On an impulse (and more out of the realization that the animated line has been cancelled) I picked up two more phase two clone troopers. That brings my total of animated phase two clone troopers up to four. Too bad they were not on clearance. Each one rung up at $9.99. Oh well.

On another note, there were no TVC figures, and no pegs for them. I guess Target is not going to be restocking the TVC greatest hits, huh?
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
On another note, there were no TVC figures, and no pegs for them. I guess Target is not going to be restocking the TVC greatest hits, huh?

I thought I heard or read somewhere recently that Target had in fact stopped carrying them. My local store is completely out too. all they have is a smattering of movie heroes and the new vehicles (both classes). Conversely, local Fred Meyer stores are loaded with Movie Heroes, Clone Wars, and Vintage. That said, the Vintage they have is mostly the TPM wave (which they started carrying just before Christmas). They have also started to restock the smaller vehicles. They haven't carried the larger vehicles for several years now. I'll be interested to see if this changes with the new ones - which are in a slightly smaller box at a slightly smaller price point.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little trip to eBay, and the 2013 Captain Rex is now mine. Of course, it cost me $30.

Embarassed
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
A little trip to eBay, and the 2013 Captain Rex is now mine. Of course, it cost me $30.

Embarassed

the one with the rotary blaster? I thought they hadn't assigned a line for that yet?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 58 of 60

Jump to: