www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Droid Factory Cancelled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Legacy Collection - 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Droid Factory Cancelled Reply with quote

Some sites are reporting that Droid Factory has, indeed, been cancelled, and that those figures might be absorbed into TVC for 2013.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_Droid_Factory_Canceled_149632.asp
yoda027
Site Admin/Webmaster
Site Admin/Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I was able to gather and post last night (since I know you guys don't like to hit the main page..lol)

Droid Factory Line Canned - But Figures Will Live...

It was first reported by Dan Curto at JediNews.co.uk that the STAR WARS DROID FACTORY FIGS (Target DPCI 087-06-1380) was discontinued. It was then followed by YakFace on Twitter and on Rebelscum as well that the line was dead.

We reached our for an "official" comment from Hasbro and while we can't report anything "official" at this time - it's a safe bet that we will see the figures come out in a new line and that we will have something more official in a few weeks, if it's not leaked beforehand or at the UK Toy Fair at the end of the month.

All we can 100% confirm is that the 2013 Fan Media Day event at Toy Fair in New York will happen again this year (on 2/9/13) and it will include Star Wars again, so the rumors we saw floating around that this event would not include Star Wars or announce a halt in Star Wars toys are 100% false.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoda027 wrote:
Here is what I was able to gather and post last night...

And to add to that (from Rebelscum):

Word from Hasbro is that spring's planned Droid Factory line has, in fact, been canceled. According to big H "...the Droid Factory has been Globally dropped. Some of the figures however will be used in other assortments this fall."

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Confirms_Droid_Factory_Canceled_149638.asp
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also at rebelscum, not sure if anyone saw the little "update" post it said:

"Our imperial agents have informed us that they expect some, if not all, of the build-a-droid part figures to make it into the new line and that toy aisle resets at retail, beginning as soon as next week, may reveal additional details."
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
also at rebelscum, not sure if anyone saw the little "update" post it said:

"Our imperial agents have informed us that they expect some, if not all, of the build-a-droid part figures to make it into the new line and that toy aisle resets at retail, beginning as soon as next week, may reveal additional details."

Yeah, I saw that one, too. I am also following what the moderators are saying over at the Rebelscum forums. One of them has recently stated that there will be no new figures until the 3D movies come out in the Fall. Everything that was slated to come out this Spring in the Legacy line has been pushed back to support the movie releases. So, that means that, excluding the small offering from The Clone Wars line, there will be no new figures for the next nine or ten months.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As reported over at Rebelscum, JediTempleArchives and (yes, Mark, I do visit the main page from time to time) the main page of YodasNews:

Star Wars fans,

The Droid Factory line which was slated for spring 2013 has been cancelled. We were very excited about this line at its inception and wanted to give fans an early sneak peek when we unveiled it at Star Wars Celebration this past summer. Unfortunately since then, through the course of development, we realized that the price would have to be increased and we felt that the value we were adding with the droid parts was no longer substantiated.

As a result, we have decided to rework our 3.75” figure program to create a line that is on-par with the quality and pricing of the Vintage Collection. Many of the figures intended for the Droid Factory will become available in this new line in the fall. We’ll be able to share more news on this at Toy Fair.

We also recognize that there were many hard-to-find Vintage Collection figures in 2012. So, as we shared last December, we will re-release many of these figures this spring before the Vintage Collection goes on hiatus, making way for some of the most exciting new initiatives for SW collectors in years.

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm.

Regards,

The Hasbro Star Wars Team

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Official_Word_On_The_Droid_Factory_Cancellation_149673.asp

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11164
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't very excited for the line anyways. I love the build a droid gimmick, however, I only buy clones as the others simply don't interest me which makes getting all the pieces a chore. I have a bunch of un-completed ones already. The figures look good though, glad to here they will still be out this year. Laughing
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasbro wrote:
Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm.

My support and enthusiasm is waning and has been for some time. Wink

It will be interesting to see how Disney's ownership of Lucasfilm affects their relationship with Hasbro.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
My support and enthusiasm is waning and has been for some time. Wink

My support would be there, if there was something to support. And my enthusiasm would be as high as ever, if there was something to feel enthusiastic about. Hasbro is not giving collectors much to collect; so, naturally, we are going to turn our attention elsewhere.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Legacy Collection Droid Factory Action Figure, 6-Pack [Amazon Exclusive]

Now available for a new low of $29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35.

Click the image to see the page...

aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it's $23.99. I guess I should have waited a few days for the better bargain. Confused
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
And now it's $23.99. I guess I should have waited a few days for the better bargain. Confused

Ooh...gonna go check that out now.

EDIT: Just got it for $23.99; along with a 6" Sandtrooper for $10.12 and Pablo-Jill for $10.99. Free shipping.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's now a mere $15 (nearly $2 per fig).
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
It's now a mere $15 (nearly $2 per fig).

I chatted with a rep from Amazon today, and they price-adjusted my order down to $14.99.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Legacy Collection - 2013 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: