www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Black Series - 3.75" Figures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: The Black Series - 3.75" Figures Reply with quote

From a spy report at the Nuremberg Toy Fair:

Despite last week's announcement that the 3D movie releases are postponed, Hasbro is still planning to go forward with the green "Yoda series". The change to The Black Series will take place over the summer. Only the 6" Luke Skywalker figure was shown for The Black Series, and it looks superb! Most imperssive.

A new line called "Mission Series" was shown. This is a 2-figure open-boxed set with a window flap. Packs on display include:
- Vader and Interrogation Droid
- Battle Droid and another character

Over in the Movie Heroes line, there is a new Vader card much smaller than normal with low-budget 3-3/4" figures that includes a tiny insert showcasing the character. Much like the Batman £6 line we saw last year. A new Ep3 Anakin figure was shown. This line is targeted towards kids on a budget. This line mirrors the budget Iron Man 3 and Ultimate Spider-Man lines that have already been seen but aren't out yet.

The Black Series 3 3/4". The new Vader art black card style...not vintage...but same size. It is squared off with no die cut fancy shapes. The bubble takes up nearly all the card and wraps around the edges and taped, similar to the ROTS line back in 2005. Figures on display were Anakin, Padmé and a Clone. These appear to be the same Ep2 figures that were originally going to be in the Build-A-Droid line.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10216
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this line is almost equal to the vintage collection? good figures, regular articulation and all? I must say the biker and the sergeant look great but that pilot looks horrid, and I do still want to see that rex
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
and this line is almost equal to the vintage collection? good figures, regular articulation and all? I must say the biker and the sergeant look great but that pilot looks horrid, and I do still want to see that rex

Yes, this is the continuation of the collector line, so expect the same level of quality you came to expect with The Vintage Collection. Unfortunately, The Clone Wars crossovers were saliently absent from the Toy Fair presentation. Like you, I really want that Rex!
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am eagerly awaiting whether or not we will be seeing the endor at-at or not as well. with everything being cancelled and the new movies and all, I hope it is still coming.

and what is this? http://www.yodasnews.net/Yodasnews%20New%20York%20Toy%20Fair%202013/Hasbro%20Star%20Wars/slides/P1017838.html

I assume just a reproduction of the old one but cleaner?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
and what is this? http://www.yodasnews.net/Yodasnews%20New%20York%20Toy%20Fair%202013/Hasbro%20Star%20Wars/slides/P1017838.html

As far as I can tell, it's a repack of the 2013 Rex and the 2008 Battle Droid. If we are to believe Hasbro, it will be the very last release of animated versions of The Clone Wars characters.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which is kinda sad, I liked those ones. But clone wise there really wasnt much more to do. possibly some more wolffe pack, fil, killi, etc. but over all still can look forward to many more online purchases tripling up and then tripling up again on some clones Very Happy

what is the "kids" line going to be based on? random re releases of characters with the dumbed down articulation? (this articulation reminds me somewhat of this ) I dont like it.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
what is the "kids" line going to be based on? random re releases of characters with the dumbed down articulation?

Yes, the "kids' line will be offered in the Mission Series and in Saga Legends. Hasbro is stating that they will feature a lot of core characters, and will sport five points of articulation, and will price at $5.99. The 3.75" collector line, which will be in the Black Series, will continue the practice of offering twelve to fourteen points of articulation; and the price will continue at $9.99. The 6" line will be the flagship offering for collectors, and will price at $19.99.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
DarkusLord wrote:
what is the "kids" line going to be based on? random re releases of characters with the dumbed down articulation?

Yes, the "kids' line will be offered in the Mission Series and in Saga Legends. Hasbro is stating that they will feature a lot of core characters, and will sport five points of articulation, and will price at $5.99. The 3.75" collector line, which will be in the Black Series, will continue the practice of offering twelve to fourteen points of articulation; and the price will continue at $9.99. The 6" line will be the flagship offering for collectors, and will price at $19.99.

are we really at $9.99 a figure? I feel like I've been paying $8.99, then again it has been a few months since I saw Anything on shelves at my kmart or target. Crying or Very sad

I feel like they are heading the right right path with having a separate kid line, though I did like treating myself to the clone wars and vintage lines. I think this could unroll nicely for them. $19.99 for 6' figures feels a bit steep to me, possibly more into the $14.99 range, but they definitely are well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: