www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, he looks great. I love the Wolf Pack shot too.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plo Koon by MasterFisto, on Flickr
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahsoka Tano on Trial by MasterFisto, on Flickr
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these are amazing! I did not see them until now! Be proud! All of these look like so much fun!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
All of these are amazing! I did not see them until now! Be proud! All of these look like so much fun!

Thanks, Ridge. This last one (with Ahsoka) was really fun because I only own one TVC Shock Trooper. What you see is an amalgamation of two photos. I took the first shot of Ahsoka with the clone standing on the left side of the frame. I then moved the figure over to the right side of the frame and took a second shot. Subsequently, in Photoshop, I cut out the clone from the first shot (along with its shadow) and pasted it into the second. I then did a few touch-ups to the figure to make it sort of look like two different toys (slightly different paint marks). So, same figure, but with different lighting positions. I also did a lot of work to Ahsoka's visage. I boosted the exposure on her face, since it is the central focus of the photo. And much to my chagrin, my figure is a little bug-eyed. So, I moved the pupils inward toward the nose (while doing a little clean-up to each iris) in order to give her a more natural look. I also removed a few paint specs on her nose and forehead. And, finally, I pasted the background in to make it look like a Republic detention facility; and I then added a black border line (blurred) to draw a distinction between the real floor and the fake background. I'd say it was about five hours of editing work. There are two LED light sources: one directly above; and one in front, just right of center, with a homemade lightbox attached to diffuse the light (i.e., I took a paper towel and wrapped it over the light).

This is the shit I do when my kids are asleep. Rolling Eyes
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow and here I was thinking it was just another cool pic. That was quite a project. It looks really great.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
Wow and here I was thinking it was just another cool pic. That was quite a project. It looks really great.

Thanks, Bob. Most of my photos receive some editing work. For example, in the Plo Koon picture above, I actually shot the figure with the lightsaber which came with it. That lightsaber had a blade, which I removed from the picture. That required that I edit back in the snow and shadow just right so that it didn't look off. I also had to resculpt the emitter section of the weapon. And, it wasn't snowing that day. I added the falling snow effect, along with the haze. To me, editing is the biggest part of the fun. The raw picture can be kinda dull.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: