www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Black Series - 3.75" Figures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
are we really at $9.99 a figure?

Um, yep. I can't remember the last time I paid anything less than $9.99 for a basic-carded figure (not counting clearance prices). You're lucky if you've still been paying $8.99 a figure.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait! That having Luke is awesome and that Bespon Vader ahhh! Cool!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors from JediTempleArchives about future figures in The Black Series:

Theed Hangar Pilot (?) – a new announcement exclusive for this post. The name is cut off, but any other ideas of who this figure could be?
Vizam – a long-awaited update and answer to prayer for ROTJ fans.
Darth Plageuis – clearly listed as an Expanded Universe figure which Hasbro claimed they wouldn't do for the Black Series until they saw how successful the line was. Interesting!
Stormtrooper (Episode IV) – please note that both Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper are listed here. Since Hasbro has stated that The Black Series would consist of new tooling (save for the cancelled Legacy Collection 2 carry-forwards), this could be an all-new definitive sculpt finally!
Sandtrooper (Episode IV) – please note that both Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper are listed here. This is likely the Sandtrooper (Corporal).
Clone Trooper (41st Elite Corps) – it is still unknown if this is actually the 212th Attack Battalion update. If not, this could be an all-new take on either the Kashyyyk Trooper or the Coruscant Landing Platform Clone Trooper.
Commander Neyo – logic dictates that this is Commander Neyo and NOT Commander Ney as listed.
Merumeru – FINALLY!
Mace Windu (The Clone Wars) – confirmed for release
Battle Droid (Episode II) – confirmed for release
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training) – Yes! a super-articulated update to the fabulous 2004 OTC figure!
Yoda (Jedi Training) – Yes! a super-articulated update to the fabulous 2004 OTC figure!
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit) – This may sport a lot of new tooling too since they 2008 TLC tooling/sculpt needs a refresh and the Luke Skywalker outfit is unique for Luke.
Darth Vader (Episode III) – could this be the "crispy Anakin" they've been hinting about?
Snowtrooper – This is likely a Snowtrooper Commander as denoted by the cut-off "C". If this is true, then Hasbro is proving and sincere that The Black Series will contain new figures an not any repacks.
Toryn Farr – excuse us while the grown men here go and cry.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11874/#details
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I see the words "a long-awaited update and answer to prayer for ROTJ fans" I think Imperial Dignitary, not Vizam. Oh, well.
Sad
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST-321 wrote:
When I see the words "a long-awaited update and answer to prayer for ROTJ fans" I think Imperial Dignitary, not Vizam. Oh, well.
Sad

A long-awaited answer to a prayer for this ROTJ fan would be to get a BD release of the film in its original version (please, Disney). I'm pretty content with the POTF2 version of Vizam that we got way back when.

But I am ecstatic to see that we are going to finally get Merumeru. I'm surprised that it took eight years for us to get the Wookiee captain. And I would love to get an update to Tarfful; and to get a generic Wookiee warrior (I don't need no more mother-flippin' Chewbacca figures, though).
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More rumors from JTA:

Star Wars Episode IV Tie Pilot
Star Wars Episode III Saesee Tiin
Star Wars Episode III Clone Pilot Jag
Star Wars Episode III 212th Clone Trooper
Star Wars Episode III Galactic Marine
Star Wars Episode III Emperor Palpatine
Star Wars Episode III Clone Trooper 327th

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11889
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Rumors from JediTempleArchives about future figures in The Black Series:

Theed Hangar Pilot (?) – a new announcement exclusive for this post. The name is cut off, but any other ideas of who this figure could be?
Vizam – a long-awaited update and answer to prayer for ROTJ fans.
Darth Plageuis – clearly listed as an Expanded Universe figure which Hasbro claimed they wouldn't do for the Black Series until they saw how successful the line was. Interesting!
Stormtrooper (Episode IV) – please note that both Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper are listed here. Since Hasbro has stated that The Black Series would consist of new tooling (save for the cancelled Legacy Collection 2 carry-forwards), this could be an all-new definitive sculpt finally!
Sandtrooper (Episode IV) – please note that both Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper are listed here. This is likely the Sandtrooper (Corporal).
Clone Trooper (41st Elite Corps) – it is still unknown if this is actually the 212th Attack Battalion update. If not, this could be an all-new take on either the Kashyyyk Trooper or the Coruscant Landing Platform Clone Trooper.
Commander Neyo – logic dictates that this is Commander Neyo and NOT Commander Ney as listed.
Merumeru – FINALLY!
Mace Windu (The Clone Wars) – confirmed for release
Battle Droid (Episode II) – confirmed for release
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training) – Yes! a super-articulated update to the fabulous 2004 OTC figure!
Yoda (Jedi Training) – Yes! a super-articulated update to the fabulous 2004 OTC figure!
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit) – This may sport a lot of new tooling too since they 2008 TLC tooling/sculpt needs a refresh and the Luke Skywalker outfit is unique for Luke.
Darth Vader (Episode III) – could this be the "crispy Anakin" they've been hinting about?
Snowtrooper – This is likely a Snowtrooper Commander as denoted by the cut-off "C". If this is true, then Hasbro is proving and sincere that The Black Series will contain new figures an not any repacks.
Toryn Farr – excuse us while the grown men here go and cry.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11874/#details

This list makes me extremely excited! Jedi training Luke/ Yoda is something I am really looking forward to... Also Commander Neyo and a new Mace Windu!?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
...and a new Mace Windu!?

It is only new in the sense that it has never been released before. This is the Clone Wars crossover Mace Windu that was supposed to be released in the BAD line. Still no word as to when we should see the realistic Captain Rex, though.

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi News is reporting the first sighting of TBS at retail (Hong Kong):

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12405
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
...and a new Mace Windu!?

It is only new in the sense that it has never been released before. This is the Clone Wars crossover Mace Windu that was supposed to be released in the BAD line. Still no word as to when we should see the realistic Captain Rex, though.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! For them to include Jango's helmet is a huge winner for me! I really can not wait for these new figures!
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge is back Very Happy

I hope they include some sort of fun but plausible gimiick like the helmet in with rex.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
ridge is back Very Happy

I hope they include some sort of fun but plausible gimiick like the helmet in with rex.

I don't ever go too far Very Happy
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after using toys r us's close up/zoomed photos of the biker scout product and doing some comparisons of previous photos of it, I am not liking what I'm seeing. specifically the visor over the helmet looks not so "squarish" and more "ovalish." This makes the helmet look weird to me. however, it may just be a crappy stock photo. I will pass on the pre order for this reason but if anyone gets it at retail please post photos or report back on the visor! thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: