www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Black Series Purchases (3.75" & 6")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered Pablo-Jill from Amazon for $10.99 on 12/6. Well, the price recently dropped to $6.00, and Amazon agreed to adjust the price for me this morning (I love their Chat feature). Very Happy

My initial order looked like this:

6" Sandtrooper: $10.12
Pablo-Jill: $10.99
Droid Factory set: $23.99

Last week, the price on the Droid Factory set was dropped to $14.99, and Amazon agreed to adjust the price for me. So, an order which was originally $48 (free shipping plus tax) was adjusted down to $33! Not too shabby!
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up at 1:30 this morning for no apparent reason and decided while I was up that I'd check Amazon for a 6 inch Boba Fett and I was actually able to score one for $22.99. My brother has a Prime account, so free shipping too. I was so excited I didn't get back to sleep until close to 3.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
I woke up at 1:30 this morning for no apparent reason and decided while I was up that I'd check Amazon for a 6 inch Boba Fett and I was actually able to score one for $22.99. My brother has a Prime account, so free shipping too. I was so excited I didn't get back to sleep until close to 3.

You won't be disappointed with him, Bob. I was lucky enough to get him through a trade with a collector in Indiana. So, in essense, I was able to clear out some old stuff that I didn't want in exchange for a figure that I really wanted. Win-win.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got alot of the black series during the christmas bustle, including
the scout trooper,
clone seargent (green),
commander neyo (he looks somewhat deranged with the helmet off),
clone pilot,
41st elite corps trooper (still refusing to believe it's the same faction as grees)
and scout trooper (who has a double ball joined head.. very interesting..)

Also got the endor at-at, and my first sideshow figure. They are as awesome as I'd hoped they'd be!
hutt
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up all 4 of wave 2 6" recently during the TRU sale. They were marked down to 17.99 and they combined with a B1G1 40% off sale. Worked out to about 14.50 per figure and they had Boba in stock so I ordered online.

I had seen all the figures except Boba in stores multiple times but was waiting to find Fett or a sale. Glad I was able to get him. Also, the Leia I received actually has good eye paint. She doesn't look droopy eyed at all. I was a little worried after I had to search quite a lot to find a sandtrooper with an acceptable paint app in wave 1. I have seen some very bad pics of Leia online.

I'm loving these 6" figures. They have gotten me excited to collect Star Wars again.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found two 6" Boba Fett figures at Target. Impossible, I know. I snagged one for my collecting buddy up here at work.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I actually found two 6" Boba Fett figures at Target. Impossible, I know. I snagged one for my collecting buddy up here at work.

Wow!! Shocked
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found the only Black Series figure that interested me at Target, the 6" Han Solo. I wanted to see him in person before buying, as Hasbro has never really produced a good Harrison Ford likeness in the smaller scale. The sculpt is fantastic, but the one I found was missing a lot of paint in the hair. I'll pick him up when I find one with a solid paint application.
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what everyone expects to see at NY toyfair? I fully expect to see wave 3 of the 6" line but does anyone think we will see more than that?
I'm super excited for the 6" scout trooper with speeder bike that is supposed to be out in fall 2014 though I'm not expecting to see it. I'm pretty doubtful we will even see wave 4. Am I being to pessimistic? Thoughts?

edit: woops, I don't think this should have been in the purchases thread. Feel free to move it.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
Finally found the only Black Series figure that interested me at Target, the 6" Han Solo. I wanted to see him in person before buying, as Hasbro has never really produced a good Harrison Ford likeness in the smaller scale. The sculpt is fantastic, but the one I found was missing a lot of paint in the hair. I'll pick him up when I find one with a solid paint application.

I can relate to that. I believe that I purchased three Han Solo figures before I found the one that I really liked. I received my first one from HTS, and I kept it in the package until I was able to find a better one (in terms of paint apps) from Target. When I eventually found a replacement, it had a nice facial sculpt, but the paint apps on the red stripe of the pants was pretty sad. I found a third one right before Christmas, and I was able to mix and match parts until I "manufactured" the perfect Solo figure for me. I donated the remaining Han figure to my collecting friend at work, who didn't care that I had mixed and matched parts.

Hutt wrote:
I was wondering what everyone expects to see at NY toyfair?

Like you, I expect to see wave 3 of the 6" line; and there is a slight chance we'll see at least one figure from wave 4 (probably Anakin). I think we'll also see wave 4 of the 3.75" line, and maybe something of a tease from wave 5.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
When I eventually found a replacement, it had a nice facial sculpt, but the paint apps on the red stripe of the pants was pretty sad.
I probably wouldn't have noticed that in the package, but the flesh color in multiple spots of his hair was just too much.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another Merumeru at Walmart. Now I need to decide which figure has the best paint apps, and return the loser.
SITHSPAWN
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to drop my little brother off at work today so I stopped in at a Target afterwards. Finally found a Mara Jade in the wild and grabbed it.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just pre-ordered three 6" Stormtroopers from HTS; and I got free shipping. One of my buddies up here at work is going to buy one of them from me.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the 6" Obi-Wan Kenobi from BBTS, and it has one of the shittiest, shittiest paint apps I have seen in awhile on a toy. The eyes are totally messed up. I guess I'll keep it boxed until I find a replacement from Target. Since this figure will be a carry-forward (and possibly a pegwarmer), I shouldn't have any trouble finding a replacement. I have noticed (as have many other collectors) that the paint apps on this 6" line can be really dodgy on the faces of the figures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: