www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clone Wars Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
KitFisto wrote:
A little trip to eBay, and the 2013 Captain Rex is now mine. Of course, it cost me $30.

Embarassed

the one with the rotary blaster? I thought they hadn't assigned a line for that yet?!

That's the one. It was released on the Yoda card in Europe and Canada. There are collectors in the UK already reporting finding the wave at retail. It's also been found at retail in the Philippines. This wave is just not going to be released in the U.S. I bought it on eBay from a Canadian seller.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's really dumb, I simply do not get why start distribution then stop. I would think alot of money is to be made from US consumers is there not? ugh Mad
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cancelled wave... is it repacks?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
This cancelled wave... is it repacks?

From what I have heard, some are repacks (R2-D2, Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Commander Cody) and some are retools (Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Captain Rex, Battle Droid) and some are repaints (501st Clone Trooper).
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aqua Droid, from Target, for $9.99.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:

toys r us had about three of those on either sale or clearance for about $5
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

toys r us had about three of those on either sale or clearance for about $5

That would require me to make a trip to TRU, specifically to look for discounted TCW figures, which is not something I make a habit of doing these days. But I do go to Target several times per week, mostly to get groceries, etc. And that's when I run the toy aisle to see what's what. I have recently decided to grab extras of army builders, so I picked up a clone trooper, and now an Aqua Droid. I'm willing to pay full price, since I'm willing to reward Hasbro and Target for putting out a product I value (but that's not to say I wouldn't buy it on clearance if that is what Target chose to do). It's just an issue of convenience, I guess.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
That would require me to make a trip to TRU, specifically to look for discounted TCW figures, which is not something I make a habit of doing these days. But I do go to Target several times per week, mostly to get groceries, etc. And that's when I run the toy aisle to see what's what. I have recently decided to grab extras of army builders, so I picked up a clone trooper, and now an Aqua Droid. I'm willing to pay full price, since I'm willing to reward Hasbro and Target for putting out a product I value (but that's not to say I wouldn't buy it on clearance if that is what Target chose to do). It's just an issue of convenience, I guess.

my tru is out of the way too, but it is the only store around that will make my trip worth while and award me with then product I went to find.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A little trip to eBay, and the 2013 Captain Rex is now mine. Of course, it cost me $30.

sorry to double post, do you have this yet? would like to know how worth it it is.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
Quote:

sorry to double post, do you have this yet? would like to know how worth it it is.

Yeah, I have him. Is he worth $30? He is to me.

But I would remiss if I didn't point out both the positives and the negatives. The positives: his upper legs are thicker, and more closely resemble those used on the standard clone trooper offered in the 2012 line-up. I really like this, since the legs on the 2012 Rex are just too damn scrawny (and that goes for Wolffe and Fox, too). Also, his big bucket just seems to look better on this version. And the biggest improvement are the knee joints. That really makes this the superior version, hands down. Lastly, the rotary cannon is just badass. This weapon really makes me wish we got a figure of Hardcase in his phase 2 armor. The negatives: just like the 2012 version, the helmet won't sit straight on the figure because of the presence of the pauldron. In addition, the hash marks seen on the forearms of the 2012 version are saliently absent on this newer version. That really sucks. And, again, no wrist articulation. And lastly, the 2013 version does not have that dirty wash seen on the 2012 version. Not sure if that is a positive or negative. Personal taste, I guess.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great to me. I really want a couple of those rotaries though :/
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain rex 2013 $26 shipped off amazon!

EDIT: received it today... package was lsightly opened just enough for the seller to remove the character card and the stand. I see no point as to why, but I have the figure in nice shape so I am fine with it. This rex is amazing, a definite improvement in my opinion. the rotary cannon is smaller than i expected and more in scale, it is beautiful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59

Jump to: