www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Product 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedimom wrote:
Are they going to make an Obi-Wan in cold gear too?

But I mean a Clone Wars one

Give it a little time, and you will have one.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to hear something official from Hasbro (assuming we haven't already, and I missed it) concerning the UPCs required for the Vebb mail-away. How many are we going to need? Five? And do we have to use UPCs from The Clone Wars only? Or can we use UPCs from the Legacy Collection? Inquiring minds want to know.
Icetron
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone pointed out to me on another forum that the Clone Wars figs DO work for the Qui Gon mail-away so taking that into consideration, I think we should be able to use other UPCs for this one.

I have mostly CW UPCs so either way it doesn't matter too much to me, just hope they won't ask for a whole lot since I may send for 2.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that eBay seller tunghori is at it again. Somehow, this guy gets his hands on early factory prototypes, and is able to sell them for quite a markup on eBay. I am always amused by the manner in which Jedidefender.com reports on this: they talk about "receiving" pictures from their "source." Although technically true, this amounts to nothing more than an eBay search. Anyway, here are the pictures:

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A contributor on th Rebelscum forums stated that the first wave of 2010 figures is starting to show up at retail in Singapore. Perhaps that means that this wave will be in the States a little after the new year. Let's cross our fingers!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving the droid and Thi-Sen... The Sideous figure looks like he needs a cheesburger or 2. I'd like to see Palpatine in his senate/chancellor robes too. They are putting out some great figures in 2010 with the Aayla secura wave and now this one. Very exciting.
Thanks for the pics!
nack5811
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hasbro is putting out some great figures in the CW line.

Thank you underage collectors!!!
otisdodge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Sidious looks really cool n I will definitely be getting Aayla.
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
It appears that eBay seller tunghori is at it again. Somehow, this guy gets his hands on early factory prototypes, and is able to sell them for quite a markup on eBay.

These are not prototypes. In fact, they're not even test shots. They're production figures from the factory. The facilities with which Hasbro contracts to produce their action figures leak like a sieve. The guy who sells on eBay as ws_toys is usually the one to get G.I. JOE figures first, and there are other guys who sell Transformers before they ever hit retail. Hasbro tries their best to ignore this stuff and pretend it doesn't exist. Mattel, who has not experienced this sort of thing to anywhere near the extent Hasbro has, went as far as to suggest last year that they would pursue legal action against anyone who purchased such items.

This stuff has been going on for a very, very long time, at least back to '97 with POTF2. Ask any longtime collector about Joe Leung's auctions or any TF collectors about "Stolen Chinese Transformer".

For the record, I bought a The Rise Of Cobra production sample Destro from ws_toys in March of last year, and it arrived in perfect shape only a few days later.

KitFisto wrote:
I am always amused by the manner in which Jedidefender.com reports on this: they talk about "receiving" pictures from their "source." Although technically true, this amounts to nothing more than an eBay search.

The ws_toys guy actually does send images to some fan sites, but they credit him and link to his auctions in exchange for doing that. This looks like it's just as you described, bookmarking the seller's listings on eBay and swiping his images when he posts new figures (but not sharing until there's a Jedidefender.com watermark on them Laughing).
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
These are not prototypes. In fact, they're not even test shots. They're production figures from the factory.

I offer up a slightly different take on these figures being sold by tunghori. For example, last year I purchased two figures from him, well before their release at retail: Mace Windu and the ARF Trooper. The paint on the Windu figure was duller than the paint I saw later on the retail version; and the ARF Trooper head was simply placed on a standard clone trooper body, which does not correspond to the later retail release, which has ball-hinged hips. After seeing this, I decided not to buy from tunghori again, since I cannot be guaranteed that I am getting the same product that will eventually be offered at retail.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That still doesn't make them test shots, and it certainly doesn't make them prototypes, which is probably the most misused term in this hobby. In fact, the dull paint on the Mace Windu figure you bought is exactly the sort of thing one might encounter with a production sample.

This is a test shot, as are this, this, and this (and Brian's Toys knows better, but calls them "prototypes", anyway). These are created with whatever extra plastic happens to be lying around and used to get final approval of the molds before going into production. The Mace Windu figure you bought was a production sample that was quite a bit beyond this step in the process. The Trooper just sounds like a kitbash with the new head.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to get too far off topic here, but I have had some negative experience with tunghori as well. I ordered five plain tan/beige galactic hero battle droids from him several months ago and they all looked like the legs had been snapped off and super-glued back on is a quick sloppy manner. It kind of ticked me off, but they were cheap and I didn't bother complaining. Since then I have re-super-glued the legs back on to all of them. (It probably doesn't help that he tries to make them to ride on the ROTJ speeder bikes but that is a different story)

I have wondered if some of the figures are cast offs that didn't meet quality control standards for packaging and shipping and he/she/they have access to them somehow. Although right now they have some not-yet-released-packaged comic packs listed. All in all, I guess as with lots of things its buyer beware. I for one, don't have a problem waiting a few more months to buy my son a Thi-Sen, Commander Stone, or Force Unleased Shaak Ti... that last one is for me Wink
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
That still doesn't make them test shots, and it certainly doesn't make them prototypes, which is probably the most misused term in this hobby. In fact, the dull paint on the Mace Windu figure you bought is exactly the sort of thing one might encounter with a production sample.

This is a test shot, as are this, this, and this (and Brian's Toys knows better, but calls them "prototypes", anyway). These are created with whatever extra plastic happens to be lying around and used to get final approval of the molds before going into production. The Mace Windu figure you bought was a production sample that was quite a bit beyond this step in the process. The Trooper just sounds like a kitbash with the new head.

Obviously, I don't pay enough attention to the production process of these action figures to know whether or not to call them prototypes, test shots or production samples. Suffice it to say, I want the version released at retail; and the ones I got were not the retail version. So, I learned my lesson, and now I wait to get these items at retail (my recent Nahdar Vebb purchase is an exception).
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not big on ordering figures from China before they're released at retail, either. I only ordered Destro because he was inexpensive and I wanted to see an early sample of something from The Rise Of Cobra. I wouldn't hesitate to order from ws_toys again, though, if I felt compelled to own something else prior to it hitting retail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: