www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVC Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
You certainly scored and did far better on price but you had to wait an eternity as well...

Well, really only a few months. And if Brian's Toys had had any sort of coupon code (in addition to free shipping) a mere week or so ago, I would have bought the entire wave for the $130 they were asking at the time. They now want $160 for it. I already had the four repacked Walmart figures, so I didn't really want them. However, for $3.25 each, I went ahead and scored a second Naboo Pilot and Gungan Warrior.

Quote:
It pays to be patient

Yes, but sometimes the early bird gets the worm. I've missed out on just as many bargains as I've found. Though I am getting better.

Quote:
I could learn a thing or two from you Ace ...

I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve.

yoda027
Site Admin/Webmaster
Site Admin/Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabby Loved her BMF

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures make me want the BMF even more. I just can't pull the trigger because of the price tag. Crying or Very sad
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Those pictures make me want the BMF even more. I just can't pull the trigger because of the price tag. Crying or Very sad

Amazon has sales on them periodically. I got mine for $127 shipped last year! Shipping is 30-40 if I am not mistaken so I was very pleased. The thing is a play set it is so awesome!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

Amazon has sales on them periodically. I got mine for $127 shipped last year! Shipping is 30-40 if I am not mistaken so I was very pleased. The thing is a play set it is so awesome!

Still too rich for me. I'd only pick it up if I could get it shipped to me for $75 or less. Preferably $50 or less. But I doubt that that would ever happen.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After avoiding this figure for over a year, I decided to get a TVC Battle Droid today at Target, for $9.99. I decided to get it since I doubt I'll be spending much of anything on Star Wars this year, since Hasbro seems to be pulling back distribution in order to prepare for the release of the last two prequels in 3D.
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when lack of new/good stuff leads to the purchase of stuff you would never have purchased otherwise. Seems to be happening all to often these days.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
I hate it when lack of new/good stuff leads to the purchase of stuff you would never have purchased otherwise. Seems to be happening all to often these days.

I have purchased a lot of Nickelodeon(CatDog, Hey Arnold, Rugrats) and E.T. figures and others things of the sort so I can totally relate...I do not know if I am late or early in finding this but I was really happy to see something new on the shelves, not to mention something on my want list!

So I have made the executive decision to not collect as many MOC/ StarCased figures from the TVC due to space. The only ones that will remain StarCased or, MOC at all for that matter, are the ones that feel special/ super nostalgic to me. Here are a some I have taken out of storage for opening since I do not already have loose/ opened:

KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old lady, Jocasta Nu, finally arrived on my doorstep last night. I purchased two, and our boy, Ridge, has claimed the second. Despite all the drama surrounding Brian's Toys, I sure am glad they picked this one up, since it really is a nice figure. Very nice.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the TVC Bespin Han Solo today at TRU. The store had a ton of the TVC re-release figures from 2012, such as Bom Vimdin, Captain Fordo, Aayla Secura, Logray, Doctor Evazan, Barriss Offee, Nom Anor and the Rebel Fleet Trooper. All of them had the life-sized Darth Maul giveaway sticker on the front of the cards. I imagine we are going to be seeing figures from this wave for quite a while this year.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I found the TVC Bespin Han Solo today at TRU. The store had a ton of the TVC re-release figures from 2012, such as Bom Vimdin, Captain Fordo, Aayla Secura, Logray, Doctor Evazan, Barriss Offee, Nom Anor and the Rebel Fleet Trooper. All of them had the life-sized Darth Maul giveaway sticker on the front of the cards. I imagine we are going to be seeing figures from this wave for quite a while this year.

It could always be worse! Like it being so quiet Wink
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

It could always be worse! Like it being so quiet Wink

ridge lives! Laughing
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I miss you guys! But I promise I am not elsewhere, Yodanews is my home for Star Wars or even action figures for that matter... I have been spending a lot of time on my car... If you are into cars at all, here is my build thread on the BMW forums in which I am a member of. Enjoy! Also follow me on instagram @rdauito

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789009

On another, more on topic note: I plan on playing with some toys tonight, so I sure will try and take some photos if I have anything creative to share!
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one for freaking out, but if this is true I am going to go crazy wild. Did they SERIOUSLY release the endor at-at ONLY in Canada? can anyone confirm if this auction is true or misinformed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-ROTJ-AT-AT-WALKER-2012-TOYSRUS-EXCL-ONLY-IN-CANADA-/190805804149?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c6ce98475
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
I'm not one for freaking out, but if this is true I am going to go crazy wild. Did they SERIOUSLY release the endor at-at ONLY in Canada? can anyone confirm if this auction is true or misinformed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-ROTJ-AT-AT-WALKER-2012-TOYSRUS-EXCL-ONLY-IN-CANADA-/190805804149?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c6ce98475

Wow! I too would love to know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: