www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walmart/Target/TRU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Walmart/Target/TRU Reply with quote

Post any and all collecting news concerning the retailers who sell our beloved action figures.

Or, just talk about your experiences and/or thoughts about the retailers (with regard to collecting).
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***TRU***

Right now, the fellas over at JediTempleArchives are mumbling about a boycott of TRU due to the latter's constant price changes. Read about it here:

http://jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7327

I, too, have been irritated by the frequent price changes at TRU. The other day, I bought Draa for $8.49, plus tax, only to learn that TRU was going to have a 2-for-$9.99 sale that was going to go into effect the next day. Also, TVC figures have been spotted for as high as $10.99!

And don't forget that TRU has been selling the exclusive TCW Nikto Guard for $10.99 for months!

Would you support a boycott? Although unhappy with the retailer, I probably wouldn't. I like having the option of a third retailer providing action figures, and no one is twisting my arm to purchase there.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by my local Walmart this morning, and the pegs were stuffed with TVC figures, TCW figures, deluxe TCW figures and GH figures. All the new waves were there, such as the Vos wave and the ROTJ wave.

On the other hand, all of my local Targets are wiped out. No sign of exclusives, no sign of clearance items, and the TCW figures are real thin on the ground. Tons of TVC figures, though. It looks like TCW figures are selling through a lot better than TVC figures.

TRU looks the same as always.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fisto, can we expect a vintage collection hoth luke anytime soon? one of my most vivid memories was one I was on the boardwalk in New Jersey and we were going through the vintage comic shops. I was probably about 6-7 and my dad said you can get any one thing. I chose a loose Hoth Luke from the 80's. He is one of my favorite Lukes, and one that is very important to me..
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
Master Fisto, can we expect a vintage collection hoth luke anytime soon? one of my most vivid memories was one I was on the boardwalk in New Jersey and we were going through the vintage comic shops. I was probably about 6-7 and my dad said you can get any one thing. I chose a loose Hoth Luke from the 80's. He is one of my favorite Lukes, and one that is very important to me..

Nothing official yet for this figure, but there is talk on other forums that he may make an appearance in 2012.
jedimaster738
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At target yesterday i got the special action figure pack of nine that was originaly $50 and i got it on clereance for $24!!!!! Is thats a steal or what!
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedimaster738 wrote:
At target yesterday i got the special action figure pack of nine that was originaly $50 and i got it on clereance for $24!!!!! Is thats a steal or what!

thats awesome!! and a very nice find at that
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedimaster738 wrote:

Don't you love it when you can get something cool at clearance prices??!!

headbang

I passed on this set since I have most of the figures in the pack (I am a loose collector). It certainly is a space-hog, isn't it??
jedimaster738
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i do this was very rare clearence item!!!!!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prices on figures are stating to creep up. Target has raised its prices to $8.99 for TVC, and $7.99 for TCW/TLC. Also, Toys R Us has raised its prices on TVC to $10.99, and TCW/TLC to $8.49.

Gas prices are on the rise, too! Evil or Very Mad
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10.99 for an action figure?!!

Pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: