www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clone Wars Purchases
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsin
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Clone Wars Purchases Reply with quote

I thought I would go ahead and start this thread since some folks have been lucky enough to score figures and vehicles early. For the most part from what I have seen on other forums, most are finding loads of Clone Wars goodness on the floor and then being denied at the register. Wal-Mart seems to be the place where the early finds are coming from. Some have been lucky enough to go home with new figures or vehicles. There have been reports of the V-19,Spider Droid, BMF Falcon, and the AT-TE being bought early. I will just wait till the 26th to get what I want which wont be much. Good luck all with these new finds!!

UPDATE: Me and my little family went to our local Wal-Mart for groceries and I swung by the toy section and found the V-19 and Spider Droid! At the check out I was denied the purchase because of a so called "recall". The manager without warning grabbed them up and walked away. She had the nerve to say it was because of lead paint. BEEEEOTCH!!!!
terman123
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Clone Wars Purchases Reply with quote

Samsin wrote:
I thought I would go ahead and start this thread since some folks have been lucky enough to score figures and vehicles early. For the most part from what I have seen on other forums, most are finding loads of Clone Wars goodness on the floor and then being denied at the register. Wal-Mart seems to be the place where the early finds are coming from. Some have been lucky enough to go home with new figures or vehicles. There have been reports of the V-19,Spider Droid, BMF Falcon, and the AT-TE being bought early. I will just wait till the 26th to get what I want which wont be much. Good luck all with these new finds!!

UPDATE: Me and my little family went to our local Wal-Mart for groceries and I swung by the toy section and found the V-19 and Spider Droid! At the check out I was denied the purchase because of a so called "recall". The manager without warning grabbed them up and walked away. She had the nerve to say it was because of lead paint. BEEEEOTCH!!!!

Nice lead paint nice one, should have asked to see the poster that shows the recal due to lead paint I believe they are required to have the recall poster posted.
maxattack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lead paint? That's odd. I thought that was banned a long, long time ago. There goes Lucas, trying to wipe us all out again. Shocked
terman123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxattack wrote:
Lead paint? That's odd. I thought that was banned a long, long time ago. There goes Lucas, trying to wipe us all out again. Shocked

Wait Lucas is smart he want's to keep us suckers oops I mean collectors around as long as possible to keep us buying his product.
Samsin
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Wal-Mart for ya. They know nothing about anything. The manager didnt give me a chance to discuss the situation. She walked away quickly! They had several more Clone Wars packaged vehicles on the shelf. I should have tried the self check out. Oh well! Patience oh patience.
eclusion
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can avoid this by using the scanners to chec the price. If it says "recall", there is no sense in going to the checkout lane.
Samsin
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scored the AT-TE and the BMF Falcon at Target this evening!! I used the DPCI's and BAM!!!! The trick is going to customer service and having them do the dirty work. The chick went to the stockroom and came out with both! After she scanned them to see if they could be sold, they both rang up and I was on my way! Picture coming soon!!
terman123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score there. Can't wait for the pics.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Target this morning and found all of the new Clone Wars stuff. I picked up the Padme evolutions set, the new Galactic Heroes sets, Yarna and the Ewoks 2-pack.
terman123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I went to Target this morning and found all of the new Clone Wars stuff. I picked up the Padme evolutions set, the new Galactic Heroes sets, Yarna and the Ewoks 2-pack.

Nice score mine have the empty pegs with grey dots with 7/26 written on.
Samsin
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG FIND during my lunch hour!! I went to the Super Target on Main Street because they showed to have Commander Fox so I rushed over! They wouldnt hold it because of it being an exclusive. I rounded the corner where the Star Wars stuff is and BEHOLD Clone Wars stuff!! I scored the Spider Droid,V-!9 Fighter,IG Lancer Droid x3,Rex x2,OB1 w/armor,Ewok 2pack x2, #5Clonetrooper x3, and a couple of others I cant recall at the moment. 3 of the figures rang up $3.33. They also had Galactic Heros and some Titanium re-paints. Everything rang up no problems. I did manage to leave with 2 Commander Fox figures!

UPDATE: The IGLancer Droid is one sweet figure! I am glad I got 3 of them!!

Last edited by Samsin on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a shelf date of July 26 clearly printed on the case in which these are being shipped, so someone keyed the reason for not selling it into their inventory system incorrectly. Without knowing any better, a manager is doing her job by not selling something if a recall notice is triggered, but she should have been willing to research the matter more. It was their employees' fault for not paying attention to the boxes, so once it's on the sales floor, they've made the mistake, and they should be willing to complete the transaction and pull the rest of the toys into the back room. Not only that, but making up a reason isn't very professional.

For those who are interested in this line, once one retailer in your city puts toys with a shelf date on the sales floor, the rest of the retailers in your area no longer contractually obligated to honor the date. You're not likely to have much success explaining that to anyone at Wal-Mart or Target, but managers at Toys Я Us seem to be well aware of it, so you might get them to sell you stuff if you find any of the new toys at another store.
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Target I went to had LOTS of figures out!! I would say at least a mixture of 4 cases worth! Someone is very blind not to have seen the dates on the box. OH WELL!
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, it's also possible the toy department manager 1) saw them on the sales floor at the same Wal-Mart you did, or 2) doesn't care. Laughing
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Target this morning and picked up Obi-Wan and R2. I am really looking forward to this new movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 1 of 59

Jump to: