www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Product 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of the Final Five makes me think of BSG.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that we'll see Krell in the first wave of 2013. If we use Savage's release dates as a precedent, then we might be able to put a timeline on Krell's release. Savage's debut on the show was in January of 2011. His shirtless figure was leaked in April of 2011, and the armored version was leaked in May of 2011. Although Hasbro stated in their Q&As that they had planned to release him in May of 2011, I wasn't able to buy the shirtless version at retail until October, and the armored version until November. So, let's compare all that to Krell. He debuted on the show in October of 2011; and in their December Q&As, Hasbro confirmed that they are making him. If we are to follow a similar timeline, the figure should leak to the internet in April or May; and instead of hitting retail in the Fall of 2012, he could be a holdover until the first wave of 2013.

Now, of course, all of this could be moot if he turns out to be a retailer exclusive. But Hasbro has already stated that they do not like to invest a great deal of tooling into their exclusives, and I imagine that this "tremendous" Krell will involve a great deal of tooling. My guess is that he will be in the first wave of 2013.

Just my $.02.
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What???
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
What???

That's not really Talzin, is it? It's labelled as a "Nightsister," but no Nightsister that I recall seeing on the show. And she comes with a lightsaber. WTF?
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, if anything it SHOULD be talzin: no weapon (maybe lighting or something), maul. same: regular two blade with no crystal thingy crap in the middle, and savage: double bladed lightsaber. Sad the pack is epic though, I'd take it over nothing at all.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
the pack is epic though, I'd take it over nothing at all.

Oh, definitely. I'm getting it just to get the Maul figure, and to add a second armored Savage to my collection. I couldn't care less about that Nightsister. I would have been much happier if they had made it a proper Talzin figure; but, oh well.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of what she's called on the card or packaging, I think that's pretty obviously Mother Talzin. I'm sure the lightsaber is just for kids to have a weapon for her. Isn't that Maul figure supposed to be released single-carded, though?
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
Regardless of what she's called on the card or packaging, I think that's pretty obviously Mother Talzin.

Oh, yeah - that's supposed to be Talzin. But the figure is just different enough to not be Talzin, too. The figure has long hair braids; and more "floating" robes than the character from the series. And she lacks the black fabrics seen on the animated character. Also, she is labelled as a "Nightsister," not as "Talzin." If I were a betting man, I would say that this is Hasbro's way of differentiating this figure from the Talzin character. Kinda like tooling up a figure that looks almost like Savage Opress, but simply calling it "Zabrak Warrior" instead. Anyway, this is the "Talzin" figure that Hasbro is going to be offering collectors at this point. Like it or not.

Some are saying that the figure is based on this concept art:

Or based on this gamepiece miniature design:

Caped Crusader wrote:
Isn't that Maul figure supposed to be released single-carded, though?

That's the rumor at this point: that he'll be re-released as a basic-carded figure later in the year.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
Oh, yeah - that's supposed to be Talzin. But the figure is just different enough to not be Talzin, too. The figure has long hair braids; and more "floating" robes than the character from the series. And she lacks the black fabrics seen on the animated character. Also, she is labelled as a "Nightsister," not as "Talzin." If I were a betting man, I would say that this is Hasbro's way of differentiating this figure from the Talzin character. Kinda like tooling up a figure that looks almost like Savage Opress, but simply calling it "Zabrak Warrior" instead. Anyway, this is the "Talzin" figure that Hasbro is going to be offering collectors at this point. Like it or not.
I like it a lot, actually. Slight details that don't match the character's appearance in the show in no way detract from how cool this figure is. I'm really surprised that we'll see her in the line at all. Putting "Nightsister" on the packaging instead of "Mother Talzin" strikes me as a marketing decision, thinking little boys might hesitate at a figure named "Mother" anything.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
I'm really surprised that we'll see her in the line at all.

I was really surprised, given Hasbro's recent statements with regard to releasing female antagonists. But by including this figure in a Battle Pack with two male Sith characters, Hasbro is insuring that this character will not warm the pegs. Smart move on their part, I would say.

Caped Crusader wrote:
Putting "Nightsister" on the packaging instead of "Mother Talzin" strikes me as a marketing decision, thinking little boys might hesitate at a figure named "Mother" anything.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would they be content with a character called "Something-Sister," after having turned up their noses to a character named "Mother Something?"
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the Disney exclusive Build-a-Droid sets?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would they be content with a character called "Something-Sister," after having turned up their noses to a character named "Mother Something?"
Dick! Wink

I'm just looking at it from a marketing perspective. If her name was Mother of the Night, I think that would be an easier sell than Mother Talzin, which could just as easily be Granny Ruth. It's the word "night" that gives it a cool factor. "Mother Talzin" makes it sound like "Old Lady."

ST-321 wrote:
Have you seen the Disney exclusive Build-a-Droid sets?
The Yoda hats on the droids are adorable.
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
ST-321 wrote:
Disney exclusive Build-a-Droid sets?[/url]
The Yoda hats on the droids are adorable.

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing that would be immediately BANISHED were I KING. BE GONE!!!
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
This is EXACTLY the sort of thing that would be immediately BANISHED were I KING. BE GONE!!!

Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As seen on JTA, the new Phase 2 Commander Fox.. Shocked

Sorry about the giant-ness of the image...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: