www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-Releases in 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re-Releases in 2013 Reply with quote

According to Rebelscum, JediTempleArchives, Sandtroopers and JediDefender (and probably everyone else, too), the following TVC figures will be re-released in 2013:

•Episode I Darth Maul
•Episode VI Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Contruction) – Deleted Scene figure
•CW Anakin Skywalker
•Episode IV Darth Vader
•Episode V Luke Skywalker (Hoth Outfit)
•Episode II Aayla Secura
•EU Nom Anor
•Episode III Clone Trooper (501st Legion)
•Episode VI Kithaba (Skiff Guard)
•Episode IV Dr. Evazan (Cantina Patron)
•Episode VI Wedge Antilles
•Episode II Barriss Offee (Jedi Padawan)
•Episode V Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
•Episode IV Bom Vindin (Cantina Patron)
•EU ARC Trooper Commander
•Episode VI Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
•Episode VI Gamorrean Guard
•Episode IV Rebel Fleet Trooper
•Episode III Odd Ball (Clone Pilot)
•Episode IV Grand Moff Tarkin
•Episode VI Nikto (Skiff Guard)
•EU Starkiller (Vader’s Apprentice)
•EU Shae Vizla (Old Republic Bounty Hunter)

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_To_ReIssue_Fan_Favorite_Figures_In_2013_149286.asp
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading some chatter on other forums about these TVC re-releases. Some collectors are speculating that this announcement might mean that Hasbro is going to push back the release of Legacy BAD in order to coincide with the release of the rest of the prequels in 3D. Collectors have also pointed out that these "fan favorites" look less like a list of favorites, and more like case dumps, since the list of figures looks almost exactly like the breakdown of previous case assortments.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to have another chance at these - considering I didn't see most of them at stores this year.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
I'm happy to have another chance at these - considering I didn't see most of them at stores this year.

I was able to acquire all of them through trades or retail (except for Bespin Han, which I did see twice at retail but decided not to get it). So, if Legacy BAD is going to be pushed back (just idle talk at this point) to make room for these re-releases, then it will be a really slow year of collecting for me.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
...a really slow year of collecting...

I would welcome that. I'm not looking forward to the merchandising onslaught that will accompany new films. I was actually looking forward to the end of it with ROTS as I felt the Hasbro was losing control (a fear that has turned into reality these past few years).
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
I would welcome that. I'm not looking forward to the merchandising onslaught that will accompany new films.

I can't say that I would welcome two years of slow collecting, since the film is not slated to come out until 2015, at the earliest. (I still see 2015 as an ambitious timeframe, since it usually takes more than two years to put together a Star Wars film. As far as we know, there isn't even a script yet, let alone casting, principal photography, post-production, etc. But Disney may be able to do all this faster than LFL.)

As a collector, I don't mind a year in which product comes out at a slower pace; although I would prefer to see a return to those years in which we could reliably count on finding 60 or more figures at retail. Those were fun years! And they spoiled me. But I have been reading a lot of chatter on the forums about what people are expecting to see over the next couple of years, and some of it makes sense...as far as speculation goes. Some collectors are expecting an overall slowdown as Hasbro adjusts to the changing landscape with regard to Star Wars. It's the proverbial calm before the storm. The end of next year will see the final two prequel films released in 3D, and many expect that Hasbro will have some kind of product launch to coincide with that. So, it will be reasonable to expect Hasbro to push back the release of Legacy BAD, since the first wave of that collection has plenty of figures based on characters from Attack of the Clones, and some from Revenge of the Sith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: