www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVC Wave 1 (2012)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: TVC Wave 1 (2012) Reply with quote

Last edited by KitFisto on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have searched everywhere and can not find one review on the new Qui Gon! I am oh so curious about hip articulation! As soon as my PM figures arrive I will update accordingly! If anyone else knows anything let me know!

Edit: Also curious about Obi Wan and his hips for those who have picked one up!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
I have searched everywhere and can not find one review on the new Qui Gon! I am oh so curious about hip articulation! As soon as my PM figures arrive I will update accordingly! If anyone else knows anything let me know!

As far as I know, these two are straight repacks.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:

As far as I know, these two are straight repacks.

I hope not, I have held out on the Blu Ray set for PM because of repaint/ retooling possibilities... to over pay for a Qui Gon I already have hurts. I may have to put my Eopie Mail Away, Qui Gon head sculpt on this new figure due to the connected vs non connected beard. the paint app on the head sculpt of the mail away figure was done so much cleaner IMO. I wonder as to why Hasbro opted to go the other route. I am still new to collecting and with that said and still in the process of learning and understanding the trends Hasbro seems to follow. Maybe leaving room for yet another improved more so definitive version of the Qui Gon in the future?? Only time will tell I guess
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
I hope not, I have held out on the Blu Ray set for PM because of repaint/ retooling possibilities... to over pay for a Qui Gon I already have hurts. I may have to put my Eopie Mail Away, Qui Gon head sculpt on this new figure due to the connected vs non connected beard. the paint app on the head sculpt of the mail away figure was done so much cleaner IMO. I wonder as to why Hasbro opted to go the other route. I am still new to collecting and with that said and still in the process of learning and understanding the trends Hasbro seems to follow. Maybe leaving room for yet another improved more so definitive version of the Qui Gon in the future?? Only time will tell I guess

I think that it all comes down to $$$. They already have a kickass sculpt with the Evolutions Qui-Gon; and given the fact that that figure was released many years ago, a lot of new fans and kids have not had access to it. Hasbro is going to get their mileage out of a relatively unused sculpt - that's why the same figure is going to be available in the Movie Heroes line next year. Since I bought the Evolutions set back in the day, I passed on the Eopie mail-away; and I passed on this most recent release the other night. I already have this figure. Easy pass.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Obi Wans cloak darker than Qui Gons?!? Hasbro to totally mixed that up and the seem to be different sizes for obvious reasons. No ball jointed hips unfortunately.. But you can still get some gnarly positions which makes me thi k that is why they didn't..
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
Why is Obi Wans cloak darker than Qui Gons?!?

Can you replace his cloak with a lighter one from your collection? Personally, I have never liked the look of these figures with their cloaks on (it obscures too much of the detail), so I have always taken them off and thrown them into my accessories bin.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
Why is Obi Wans cloak darker than Qui Gons?!?

Can you replace his cloak with a lighter one from your collection? Personally, I have never liked the look of these figures with their cloaks on (it obscures too much of the detail), so I have always taken them off and thrown them into my accessories bin.

Just worried about sizing of the robe compared to figure, Obi Wans are smaller than Qui Gons so I think maybe a robe from extraneous figure such as Mace Windu, or ROTS Obi Wan or Anakin. I am actually also looking for a robe with good size and color for the previously released Quinlan Vos. I do not know if I should go darker or lighter as far as the shade of brown. He is done in a darker shade of brown but sometimes lighter colors pop really nicely when in that scenario. This is where my love for creating fashion and being a perfectionist come into the play with collecting lol.

I partially agree as far as robed/ un-robed. With me, it just depends on the look I am going for. Lightsaber duels: robes usually come off. In other words more serious and intense battles, robes come off. If just slaying pack of battle droids after pack battle droids, robes are staying on!
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my full wave in yesterday! Overall I was very happy when it came happy to opening all of these. But one figure in particular deserves some extra attention. Hasbro went above and beyond on this Darth Maul everybody. Right down to his face paint, eyes and head spikes this figure is soooo detailed. The life-like appearance in the face is unbelievable. I will post some pictures when I get home. He is so awesome! I can not believe the difference when compared to other Maul figures!! this version is that much better! I can only highly suggest picking one up whether you collect this line or not. I may want to get a second to keep carded, thats how good this is!!

Also since I received a Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Quinlan already.. I decided to keep my second copies carded as well as Padawan Anakin since I will not be using the figure loose for anything.

I was also happy to finally see which lightsaber came packaged with Qui Gon since I had mixed up my legacy and vintage line Qui Gon's by mistake, previously this week. If anyone has the same issue the more cloudy saber is the vintage line one, and the more translucent one is the legacy version.

As far as Obi Wan, it seems the head and torso combo just does not like one another, as if they are two far different of co-workers forced to work together. The head seems way too bobble head-like for a vintage line figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: