www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie Heroes/Discover the Force Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I picked up a DTF Darth Maul just to see if the paint apps on this new one are better than the paint apps on the original that I have in my collection.

Did you ever end up getting the Armored Assault Tank? I was hoping my little review would sell you on it but I have been feeling lately like you may have passed on it lol
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
Did you ever end up getting the Armored Assault Tank? I was hoping my little review would sell you on it but I have been feeling lately like you may have passed on it lol

No, I passed on it. I really don't collect vehicles, so I couldn't find a reason to justify spending $30 on it. The few times I have purchased a vehicle, it just ended up being thrown into a storage bin in the garage. In fact, I just gave away the last of my vehicles to a guy up here at work. He has five kids; and hopefully they'll get some good use out of them.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:

No, I passed on it. I really don't collect vehicles, so I couldn't find a reason to justify spending $30 on it. The few times I have purchased a vehicle, it just ended up being thrown into a storage bin in the garage. In fact, I just gave away the last of my vehicles to a guy up here at work. He has five kids; and hopefully they'll get some good use out of them.

That's great! As a kid, the vehicles were always more difficult to obtain since I had to convince mother to buy them for me lol I am sure those kids are thrilled! Where were people like you when I was younger?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Royal Starship Droids set this morning, along with the Anakin/Sebulba set. Kind of a tough pill to swallow at $24.96, so I made sure to keep my receipt for any future price adjustments or a refund.

And by looking at other store reports, it appears that these sets are starting to show up now, so make sure to include Walmart in your toy runs this week.
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Royal Starship Droid pack on Walmart.com today and had it in my cart all ready to go, but just couldn't bring myself to finalize the order. I'll probably regret it later, but right now I feel at peace with myself...maybe.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:
I saw the Royal Starship Droid pack on Walmart.com today and had it in my cart all ready to go, but just couldn't bring myself to finalize the order. I'll probably regret it later, but right now I feel at peace with myself...maybe.

I hear you. I have a fair amount of buyer's remorse for this set. $25 for four droids, three of which I already have as previous releases, is a bit much for me. I am thinking of taking the set back to Walmart tomorrow.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPhBob wrote:

Is it still there or did it sell out in half an hour like last time? They were supposed to email me when it became available, so naturally they didn't.

It is pretty pricey. I would like to see it in person before I really make up my mind though.
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I found the Royal Starship Droids set this morning ...
And by looking at other store reports, it appears that these sets are starting to show up now...

Evil or Very Mad
I drove over to the valley this past weekend hoping to find them. Starting in the festering bog known as Salem and then moving on to that slimy mudhole called Portland, I went to no less than six Walmarts. While I did manage to find and buy yellow R5-D4 and Phil Collins, I didn't see the droid pack. In fact, I only saw battlepacks at one store. And they only had a few. And they weren't the exclusives.

Oddly, a few of the fifteen Fred Meyer stores I stopped at had remnants of Clone Wars wave 10 (really wave 23) which was composed of:

CW54 Saesee Tiin
CW57 Stealth Operations Clone Trooper
CW60 Kit Fisto [Cold Weather Gear]
CW61 Seripas
CW62 Captain Rex [With Jetpack]

I found (and bought) all of them except Seripas. It appeared that CW46 Aqua Droid, CW47 El-Le, and possibly CW45 Anakin Skywalker from wave 7 (really 20) were reshipped with this wave.
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST-321 wrote:
Is it still there or did it sell out in half an hour like last time? They were supposed to email me when it became available, so naturally they didn't.

It is pretty pricey. I would like to see it in person before I really make up my mind though.

I just checked and they are in stock right now...don't know how long they'll last though. I don't know Walmart's return policy all that well, but maybe you could have them shipped to the store and if you don't like them when you go to pick them up you could return them.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found and bought the Starship Droids pack yesterday. I believe that catches me up on all the exclusives I want. I *may* grab a Dewback - if they hit the $7 (or less) clearance price. I may also pick up the Discover the Force Aurra Sing and Destroyer Droid. Apparently, Sing comes with a case of lightsaber hilts that will not be included when she is re-released on a vintage card later this year. The Destroyer Droid is a repack of a figure from several lines back, but this time the energy shield is a different color. Neither is what I'd call essential, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind having them.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally decided to buy the Royal Starship Droid set and bought them this morning. Cool
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday I went to Portland - which was every bit the slimy mudhole I'd remembered.

During the course of my day I stopped at seven Walmarts (also every bit the slimy holes I remembered!). I picked up several of their exclusive "Discover The Force" figures. I grabbed Aurra Sing because I'd heard that when she gets re-released on a vintage style card later this year, she won't have all the accessories of this release. I also picked up two Destroyer Droids (just so I could have a complete energy sheild).

I stopped at a half dozen Tuesday Morning stores. Each one was progressively harder to find (the final one was buried in the basement of a building). I saw a few of VC62 Han Solo (In Trench Coat) as well as one each of VC09 Boba Fett [ROTJ], VC52 Rebel Fleet Trooper, and VC54 ARC Trooper Commander [Captain Fordo]. Since I already found those locally a few weeks ago, I left them and moved on.

Fred Meyer (of which I stopped at ten of) didn't have much either, but I did pick up two Stormtroopers (VC41 - revised) and a few of the rocket pack Clone Troopers (MH11).

I only stopped at two of the four Toys R Us stores I usually visit. They didn't have anything I needed, but I did see the AT-AT (which I'd read was reshipping).

Also only stopped at two Targets - which didn't really have anything either (unless you need a Cloud Car Pilot or Endor Rebel Trooper).
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceface wrote:
Friday I went to Portland

Sounds like the last 24 hours of my life. I have been to one Toys R Us store, two Walmarts and two Targets. I found two The Dark Knight figures at TRU (Harvey Dent and Two Face), and zero new figures at the other stores.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Target yesterday, and I found the new Naboo and Bespin Battle Packs. Although I was initially hesitant to get these because of the limited articulation (five POA), I was blown away by the sculpting. Arguably, these are the best facial sculpts for Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi that I have ever seen (I was less impressed with Qui-Gon Jinn). They are simply amazing - they have to be seen in person to be truly appreciated. So, I quickly nabbed the Naboo set for $22.99.

I have to admit that I was completely unmoved by the Bespin set, and I left it on the shelf. The Darth Vader and Boba Fett figures were underwhelming, with Luke Skywalker being the best of the three. But his yellow hair was a little unattractive to my eye, so that set was an easy pass.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Walmart: MH Jar Jar Binks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: