www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie Heroes/Discover the Force Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
From Walmart: MH Jar Jar Binks.

Nice! I personally am loving this new sculpt!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

I opened it last night, and it really is a nice sculpt. I was initially going to pass on this one in favor of the TVC version coming later this year. But I saw pictures of the TVC version at the end of last week, and I was really unimpressed with the soft goods on the figure. So, I decided to go back to Walmart and pick up the MH version (it had been hanging on the pegs there for months). I still plan on picking up the TVC version when I find it, but now I have the option of having both of them in my collection.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ridge913 wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

I opened it last night, and it really is a nice sculpt. I was initially going to pass on this one in favor of the TVC version coming later this year. But I saw pictures of the TVC version at the end of last week, and I was really unimpressed with the soft goods on the figure. So, I decided to go back to Walmart and pick up the MH version (it had been hanging on the pegs there for months). I still plan on picking up the TVC version when I find it, but now I have the option of having both of them in my collection.

I personally am a soft goods whore. I love the "doll" like feel you get when soft goods is added. To me, it makes them feel more than action figures, more than little sculptures, almost like highly detailed little dolls that are not bias to any one/ or particular scene... I am also a weird kid haha
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend called me, and he was able to pick up the Pilots and Ewoks packs for me at TRU! So pleased.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
My friend called me, and he was able to pick up the Pilots and Ewoks packs for me at TRU! So pleased.

And I was able to pick them up from him today. I must say that these sets are superb, and well worth the $40 price tag. I am having a difficult time deciding which set I like the best.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
KitFisto wrote:

And I was able to pick them up from him today. I must say that these sets are superb, and well worth the $40 price tag. I am having a difficult time deciding which set I like the best.

So jealous... I would think the Ewok pack no?!? Those must be some good looking pilots then... do they look nicer/ more up to date/ current with the rest of the line when compared to older pilot sculpts/ figures we have seen?
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
Those must be some good looking pilots then... do they look nicer/ more up to date/ current with the rest of the line when compared to older pilot sculpts/ figures we have seen?

I don't know...I'm just a sucker for Rebel pilots. And I am so stoked to finally be getting Tyree and Pops. The Imperial pilot and the astro droid are just filler for me. Dollar for dollar, the Ewok set is a better deal. But I am glad to have some more Y-Wing pilots in my collection!
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
The Imperial pilot and the astro droid are just filler for me.

Astro droids are never just fillers.
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at the detailed images of the TVC version of Aurra Sing, and comparing it with the DTF version and have realized one significant difference. The belt positions are different. The DTF version has the belt clasp on the back as well as the more detailed side of the holsters. While the TVC has the more detailed paint job and clasp on the front! I just switched mine around and the more decorative holsters do add a nicer touch in my opinion. I love this figure! Even despite the lack of ankle articulation Wink
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just grabbed the Toys R Us Ewok Pack online.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885955&prodFindSrc=rv
Ewok_village
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just realized that I posted my recent purchase in the wrong section the other day Confused should've been here and not under TVC... oops
I got one of the Ewok packs from my local Toy's R Us on Tuesday - lovin' it! I still need two more - I am a fanatic and have this little "thing" that I buy three of every Ewok figure/figure pack that hits the shelves Wink My Ewok collection just jumped up by 5 in one purchase Very Happy I like it
RPhBob, did you get them delivered yet? What do you think?

"Not bad for a little furball there's only one left"
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not here yet. I'll post when they come. I am really eager for their arrival
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTA has posted some side-by-side pics of the Ewoks in their alternate hoods. It kinda makes me want to buy a second pack.

ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
JTA has posted some side-by-side pics of the Ewoks in their alternate hoods. It kinda makes me want to buy a second pack.

I still have yet to acquire even one! Those outfits do almost make it seem as if they are two completely different Ewoks, pretty neat. What a easy way to fluff up your Ewok army huh? I may be in the "x2" boat with you on this one KitFisto. I need to take trip to KMart and TRU over the next few days!
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridge913 wrote:
I still have yet to acquire even one...I need to take trip to KMart and TRU over the next few days!

I would encourage you to do so, since I have seen these sets on several different occasions. I opened the Ewoks set last weekend, and I had a tough time keeping all of the accessories together, and paired with their respective owners. There are tons of accessories! You'll love this set when you get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: