www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPhBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the MTT at the store the other day and was wondering what my threshold would be to buy it. I could not really come up with a solid price point. Like I've posted before, HasbroToyShop.com has these for $149.00. I know the Turbo Tank, AT-AT, and AT-TE all sold for 50% off at different times, so who knows. At $65 to $75 I would be very tempted and would likely purchase it. My guess is that if Target and Walmart get stuck with a bunch of these after Christmas, we may see some dramatic price cuts. I know my boys would love to finally have a big Separatist vehicle for our Star Wars battlefields. My oldest son (7) cannot cope with the idea of the clone army fighting against an AT-AT...

The thing that really bugs me are the battle droids it comes with. Hasbro has said many times that this is a "kid-driven" line and I think the MTT really proves it. Most "mature collectors" would ikely have enough Battle Droids to fill or at least mostly fill this thing, while a majority of kids probably don't. So Hasbro felt the needed to load it with droids, which increases the price. I know they "dumbed-down" the droids, which minimized the added cost to some extent, but still.

ridge913 wrote:
... I picked up that Ninja Turtles Sewer Lair, that is heck more of a play set than the MTT, for even less $ than the MTT ...

I am not into Ninja Turtles, but that Sewer Lair is impressive. Seeing that reminded me that I wish that Imaginext could pick up a Star Wars license. They have done some AWESOME stuff with the DC Super Friends and Toy Story lines with some really cool vehicles and play sets. They incorporate a ton of fun play features into their toys that my kids love. I would love to see what Imaginext could come up with for Star Wars.
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to JTA, some TRU stores are charging this for the MTT:

Shocked
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on sale at Fred Meyer here in the northwest for $119.99. And it can be had for even less if you use the 10% off coupon in the latest circular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Vintage Collection 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: