www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumors...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
If they plan on getting a lot of use out of the new tooling, it will end up saving money vs. using the existing Rex tooling from last year.

I have now made peace with these new sculpts. When the pictures from Toy Fair rolled out, I was really disappointed with the lack of leg articulation on these new clone sculpts. But, looking back to when the line began, I routinely avoided any clone made from the original mold. So, I can simply go back to not collecting those clones which are made from a sculpt that I do not appreciate. Unless I change my mind when I finally see them in person, I don't have any intention of buying these new clones. Of course, I would have probably bought them if they didn't have such oversized helmets; in my book, that's another strike against them.

Caped Crusader wrote:
That figure's soft goods are still a drag, as it was an otherwise perfect update for the character.

I know that you really don't like softgoods. I don't have a problem with them, as long as they are used sparingly and wisely. The softgoods kama on that Rex figure works for me. So, in essence, that Rex figure is perfect for my collection. But I had to wait three years to get a Rex figure that I liked! Wink

Caped Crusader wrote:
They're just toys. Buy what you like; skip what you don't.

True enough. I am disappointed with the direction Hasbro is taking this line right now. But things change; the tide will turn. And I'll be there, still getting excited for new product, and still buying the ones that I like. I am really eager to see how Darth Maul and General Krell turn out.

DarkusLord wrote:
I'd just like to get better quality for the price we are paying (which has gone up $1 with less articulation)

Caped Crusader has an excellent blog entry concerning what collectors should really be paying for action figures these days:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog/crusader/reality-check-action-figures-should-cost-more/

I would gladly pay $19.99 for a badass figure in terms of articulation and sculpt. If Krell turns out to be a TRU exclusive and retails for $19.99, then I will gladly walk in there and plop down my $40 for two of them. I'll walk out with a stupid grin on my face.
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
I know that you really don't like softgoods. I don't have a problem with them, as long as they are used sparingly and wisely. The softgoods kama on that Rex figure works for me. So, in essence, that Rex figure is perfect for my collection. But I had to wait three years to get a Rex figure that I liked! Wink
I just wish the newer head would fit on the original Rex figure. I have the 2011 version sitting in my collection room, serving no purpose at all. Hasbro has used fabric well on some of the figures. I never thought it possible, but one of my favorite figures of the entire line, s3 Ahsoka, employs the use of soft goods. I just don't like how it looks on the clones at all.

KitFisto wrote:
True enough. I am disappointed with the direction Hasbro is taking this line right now. But things change; the tide will turn. And I'll be there, still getting excited for new product, and still buying the ones that I like. I am really eager to see how Darth Maul and General Krell turn out.
There are plenty of phase II clones to army build out there for anyone who's wishing for more figures this year. Very Happy

Last year was something of a slow year for G.I. JOE. I spent my time and money putting together a collection of The Clone Wars. This year will be slow for The Clone Wars. I'll spend my time and money on G.I. JOE. It goes in cycles.

KitFisto wrote:
I would gladly pay $19.99 for a badass figure in terms of articulation and sculpt. If Krell turns out to be a TRU exclusive and retails for $19.99, then I will gladly walk in there and plop down my $40 for two of them. I'll walk out with a stupid grin on my face.
As would I. If $20 was the standard price for kick-ass figures, my troop building would certainly take a hit, but I'd still keep collecting.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
I just wish the newer head would fit on the original Rex figure. I have the 2011 version sitting in my collection room, serving no purpose at all.

As far as I am concerned, that head is right where it is supposed to be. Wink

Also, it still remains to be seen if the helmet is removeable on the 2012 Rex. Hasbro has had a few chances now to showcase that feature, and they have not done so. For example, the press photos from NYCC and TF show him with the helmet on; the figure was presented with the helmet on at TF; and it is also on in the packaged shots. If I were to bet, I would say that it is not removeable. I guess we'll find out in the next month or so.

Caped Crusader wrote:
There are plenty of phase II clones to army build out there for anyone who's wishing for more figures this year.

There are only so many white clones I care to collect. I have already purchased two, and I doubt that I will be getting any more. So, at this point, I'm waiting for the Obi-Wan figure in wave two, and possibly Rex (if I like him enough when I finally see him in person).

Caped Crusader wrote:
As would I. If $20 was the standard price for kick-ass figures, my troop building would certainly take a hit, but I'd still keep collecting.

thumbup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: