www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumors...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
He would be awesome if he had all the articulation as say the clone commander wolffe or fox....

I assume that you are referring to the phase 1 Wolffe which came out last year, and to the Target-exclusive Fox which came out in 2008? If so, I cannot prefer that mold over this one. I am just not enamored with that original mold. Although I have a few clones made from that mold in my collection, they are few and far between; and I have tended to avoid clones that have been made from it. When the Stone mold was released in 2010, my army building of clones was finally able to begin!

But this recent Rex mold really lit a fire under me, and I am sad to see that it had such a short run. But at least I was able to get my definitive Rex figure in his phase 1 armor. I am not excited about the phase 2 version that we are getting later in the year. Hopefully Hasbro will resculpt it and release a better version down the line. Fingers crossed.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's basically the same mold like the rex you like though is it not? o.o just with ankle articulation?

and the only clones I think the "bad" mold looks good on is the pilots Wink
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
it's basically the same mold like the rex you like though is it not? o.o just with ankle articulation?

Actually, the phase 2 Rex which is coming out later this year does not have knee, ankle or wrist articulation.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHA? NO KNEE, ANKLE, OR WAIST?!

well, there was a chance I might pick him up... but now probably not. I assumed it would be the same skulpt as the new cody and all the new clones? Is it the same with the new wolffe and fox? if so I'ma cry Sad
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
WHA? NO KNEE, ANKLE, OR WAIST?!

well, there was a chance I might pick him up... but now probably not. I assumed it would be the same skulpt as the new cody and all the new clones? Is it the same with the new wolffe and fox? if so I'ma cry Sad

I am not sure about the waist. But is has been (practically) confirmed that Rex will not have knee joints, ankle joints or wrist joints. The new Wolffe figure is using the same sculpt, so he will also suffer from the same deficiencies. At this point, we have not seen a picture of the new Fox figure, so we just don't know his fate right now. But a case can be made that he will be a repaint of the new Cody figure (and that's what I am hoping for).

Bad news...bad news. It's going to be a shitty year for collectors of The Clone Wars.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shakes head disapprovingly*
well, I'm still gonna pick them up (collector inside me won't let me by pass them) but I'm not gonna like em. all together they look fantastic but articulation gets a -10 :/ I hope they revert back to the regular sculpts again... this new crap they are trying to sell is rubish
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
I hope they revert back to the regular sculpts again... this new crap they are trying to sell is rubish

I am equally disappointed. But it's not as though this lack of articulation is unprecedented for the line. If you look back at what Hasbro has been offering us since 2008, there are plenty of figures which lack knee and ankle articulation. And with regard to another point: as stated above, I'm not sure why Hasbro didn't just repaint 2011's Rex (CW62) in order to give us this new Rex. I can imagine that a move like that would have saved them some tooling costs. But as I've written before: they don't pay me to make the decisions.

dunno
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? which ones lack ankle and knee articulation? o.O I've only seen ones that lack the ankle... I don't know if I'm gonna get this line of clones.. I'll most likely pick and choose some just to get them for my collection. I was REALLY excited for fox (my favorite clone) but now I am afraid to see it :/

if not atleast it will give me a chance to catch up with past lines I missed
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
which ones lack ankle and knee articulation?

Many figures lack these points of articulation - more than you might think. Here is a list of some figures from the line which lack both knee and ankle joints:

Anakin Skywalker (2008)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (2008)
General Grievous (2008)
Battle Droid (2008)
Super Battle Droid (2008)
Count Dooku (2008)
Plo Koon (2008)
Padmé Amidala (2008)
MagnaGuard (2008)
Kit Fisto (2008)
Mace Windu (2009)
Admiral Yularen (2009)
Whorm Loathsom (2009)
Cad Bane (2009)
Hondo Ohnaka (2009)
Darth Sidious (2009)
Mandalorian Police Officer (2010)
Barriss Offee (2011)

So, although they constitute a minority, there is certainly a precedent for this type of tooling (or lack thereof) in this line. Surprisingly, many of the hero figures from the first year lacked both knee and ankle joints.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, thats pretty many! :s I see now why i didn't notice. I only collect cones and don't pay much attention to the other ones. That's why i didn't see it before Sad this is terrible :/
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
And with regard to another point: as stated above, I'm not sure why Hasbro didn't just repaint 2011's Rex (CW62) in order to give us this new Rex. I can imagine that a move like that would have saved them some tooling costs.
If they plan to get a lot of use out of the parts with less articulation, it will save them money in production costs over time. Overseas labor is getting to be more and more expensive. So I would expect to see more clones using this new tooling to make up for the money Hasbro invested in creating it.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caped Crusader wrote:
If they plan to get a lot of use out of the parts with less articulation, it will save them money in production costs over time. Overseas labor is getting to be more and more expensive. So I would expect to see more clones using this new tooling to make up for the money Hasbro invested in creating it.

But could we not make the same argument for using the parts from CW62? Hasbro invested the tooling dollars into making the figure, so I could see them wanting to recoup their costs, plus add profit, by using that mold over and over again. But yet that figure was a one-and-done. Now, with the launch of the new packaging, they have already sculpted a new Cody, a new phase 2 clone trooper, and now a new sculpt for both Rex and Wolffe.

But, they might be investing in the long term with these newer, less articulated clones. As you have pointed out before, it is cheaper to manufacture a figure which has fewer parts. So, if they plan on using this new sculpt for the majority of clones in 2012 and 2013, then it might be cheaper for them to use this new sculpt than it would be for them to re-use a sculpt with more parts, like CW62.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this idea of theirs fails miserably and they revert to the old one. I'm already pissed as it is. if this continues I'ma have to stop collecting. again, i have alot to catch up on though, so it wouldn't be all bad...
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
But, they might be investing in the long term with these newer, less articulated clones. As you have pointed out before, it is cheaper to manufacture a figure which has fewer parts. So, if they plan on using this new sculpt for the majority of clones in 2012 and 2013, then it might be cheaper for them to use this new sculpt than it would be for them to re-use a sculpt with more parts, like CW62.
Exactly. If they plan on getting a lot of use out of the new tooling, it will end up saving money vs. using the existing Rex tooling from last year. It would make last year's tooling a bad investment, though.

That figure's soft goods are still a drag, as it was an otherwise perfect update for the character.

DarkusLord wrote:
I'm already pissed as it is.
They're just toys. Buy what you like; skip what you don't.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but they're a hobby too. I'd just like to get better quality for the price we are paying (which has gone up $1 with less articulation Sad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: