www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weapon placement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Weapon placement Reply with quote

ARG! I can't take this anymore. How in the world do you keep the paint on your clone trooper's hands from rubbing away? I place weapons in them for display, once I get bored with the display, I change things up a bit. As carefully as I remove the weapons, my trooper's hands are soon speckled white where the black paint as worn off. Generally its a few spots, but it still bugs me that my figures are no longer as "mint" as they could be.

any ideas?
Caped Crusader
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Weapon placement Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
any ideas?
Don't put weapons in their hands. Leave them carded. Playing with them is going to result in paint wear, and the white plastic is going to yellow over time no matter what you do. Best advice is don't sweat it.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, part of the fun of buying a figure is unboxing and displaying it. sure they will yellow, but until then I can actually appreciate them for all those gadgets and weapons they come with and put them up fro display.
Caped Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I said the best advice is don't sweat it. The only thing you could really do is put a clear coat over the black paint before placing the guns in their hands, but they wouldn't be any more "mint" like that than with a few scuff marks.
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I have ever had a problem with weapons chipping the paint off of the figures' hands. But, I rarely place a weapon in the hand of a figure - the only time I do is when I am posing them for a picture. Most of the time, the figures - and their accessories - stay in the tackle box. You must be moving them around a lot.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I dont move them around a whole lot. If you have seen what photos are left in my collection topic they basically just stand there to be admired by myself. I do like to pose them every once and a while whether that is in a vehicle or not. basically anything I put their hands in has some effect on them. I am always careful with them, so it's not that I'm handling them too roughly.
ridge913
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
actually I dont move them around a whole lot. If you have seen what photos are left in my collection topic they basically just stand there to be admired by myself. I do like to pose them every once and a while whether that is in a vehicle or not. basically anything I put their hands in has some effect on them. I am always careful with them, so it's not that I'm handling them too roughly.

Wink Be careful when posing/ displaying figures with their weapons for too long. The weapons do settle into the figures hands over time due to gravity and the plastics used being so malleable. So when you remove the weapons, the paint from their hands tends to go with it...since the weapon and paint of the hand are somewhat bonded at that point. **Also be extra careful with square edged weapons(similar to the bottom grip of a standard trooper blaster)/accessories as those can crack/ cut the paint causing a weak spot which then spreads to a peal.

They need to mold these hands in the proper color without painting them to really solve this issue for good. Lets face it, the chances of that happening are slim to none! Hope some of that helps!
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, that is a very good point, thanks Very Happy

I do agree the hands should be molded in the color of the weapons (black versions of weapons). It would be way easier Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> The Clone Wars - All Lines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: