www.YodasNews.com Forum Index www.YodasNews.com
All Star Wars chat, all the time! Toys, Movies and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Black Series Purchases (3.75" & 6")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped at Walmart this morning and picked up 6" Stormie Luke for $18.96.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto wrote:
ST-321 wrote:
And...what do you think of the Emperor?

I was impressed with him after getting him out of the package, especially after seeing so many...disappointing pictures of him. The hood was much better than I had seen, since it "sat" on the head in a more natural way than I was expecting. The facial sculpt is not great, but decent. The soft goods cloak works well, but cloth never looks exactly right in this scale because of the lighter weight of the fabric. All in all, he's well worth the $20 price tag. I would be way more nitpicky if this had been a $50 collectible. So...recommended.

Good to know.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First TBS purchase: Darth Malgus and Star Killer from BBTS. Smile
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found 4" Captain Rex at Target. It rang up for $12.99 and that made Evil or Very Mad

I sucked it up and bought it, since it was the last piece I wanted for my 4" collection of figures from The Clone Wars.
aceface
Beware aceface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I wandered into my local Fred Meyer in search of grapes. They are 99 cents/pound this week - which is the cheapest they've been in several years. Since I'm something of a grape ape, I was compelled to pick some up.

While I was there, I wandered through the toy aisle. Partly out of habit and partly out of curiosity as I stopped collecting Hasbro a few years ago. There wasn't much on the pegs. But there were clearance stickers. In fact, it looked as if the entire Star Wars section was on clearance. And so... in a moment of weakness... I caved. I think it was the clearance stickers and the other tag that read "buy 1 get 1 half off" for all action figures.

I picked up two AT-DP Drivers (SL14) for $2.78 each and Toryn Farr (black series 23) & Hoth Luke (black series #2) for 5.18 each.

As it turns out, because they were on clearance, the buy 1 get 1 half off didn't apply, so the great deal I thought I was getting was really only a good deal. Fortunately, there wasn't much left to tempt me. I left second Toryn Farr and old Admiral Yularen (no love for him!) hanging.

Unfortunately, I suppose I'll have to try and wrangle and AT-DP for those drivers.

Grape Ape!
eclusion
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Clone Commander Doom from BBTS
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially got my 6inch Tie fighter on Monday. Had it on preorder from EE but when they pushed fulfillment back to November, I canceled that and ordered from Amazon (despite choosing free shipping, I got it the next day Very Happy ). I have to say there isn't a time I look at it where I don't do a double take in awe. The pure aesthetic of having a giant tie fighter in my house is breathtaking. I doubt any of you on here would be interested in it, but it definitely gets a recommendation from me. Here's hoping they make an At-At or At-TE Laughing

Also bought Kylo Ren on the Saturday after Force Friday and the first order stormtrooper a bit later off of amazon.

My snowtrooper commander just shipped today from TRU.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not entirely sure what sort of pictures you wanted, but I took a few quick shots comparing it to other items in my collection in my yellow, dimly lit basement. Of course, I don't have such skill as Fisto with the camera, so these will have to do.

The wings look warped in the pictures, and I'd be lying if I said that they were perfectly straight. However, they aren't as warped as the pictures make it seem. They're probably 92% straight with a slight warping at some points most notably in the middle outer edge of the wing. It's nothing to gawk at and sure isn't noticeable. Given that the wing pieces are just giant slabs of plastic, I'm assuming a degree of slight warping is to be expected and will be present on all units of this toy. The packaging was good, it's definitely not a case of the wibbly wobbly tie fighters; the plastic is hard and sturdy.

Overall, I am pleased with it. If you want to know anything else let me know Wink
KitFisto
Global Forum Moderator
Global Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkusLord wrote:
Of course, I don't have such skill as Fisto with the camera, so these will have to do.

Aw, shucks.

I'm envious that you have a basement. They don't make 'em in Texas - at least, not in the part where I live.

I bought the snap-together Revell kit of the new TIE Fighter for $20.00 at Target, and I absolutely love that thing. It took away my desire to have this $170.00 beast of a vehicle. But don't get me wrong: your purchase there is gorgeous; it's like the "John Holmes" of Star Wars vehicles. But I can't justify the cost. But if I had a basement, I would be very tempted to get it.
ST-321
Moderator/Staff
Moderator/Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that thing really is huge! Thanks for sharing the pics. Amazing.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST-321 wrote:
Wow, that thing really is huge! Thanks for sharing the pics. Amazing.

No problemo!

Contrary to the post I made in the collectors forum, I just bought the poe dameron/ riot trooper from target.com for $31. (used code BESTGIFT for 25% off any toys from target.com. If you're incredibly lucky, it might work for the 6 inch tie fighter if anyone is interested, that'd be around $127!)

Now that I have a poe dameron figure, I'd be willing to sell it to anyone who want it here for 19.99 (retail) + shipping! I have absolutely zero need or want for it. If you are interested please let me know! It won't come with the box, but I'd definitely include the plastic packaging materials if you really want it.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is wanting to purchase the six inch tie fighter, now would be the time to do so. (at target with the 25% off code) Just saw some proof that it works:

img courtesy of someone on jeditemple archives.
terman123
Elite Jedi Council Member
Elite Jedi Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and purchased the Tie Fighter. I went thru Kmart Layaway it cost me a little more about $200, but was easier to pay 45 every two weeks in 4 payments then the lump up front. Saving for a house so every penny counts.
DarkusLord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terman123 wrote:
Went and purchased the Tie Fighter. I went thru Kmart Layaway it cost me a little more about $200, but was easier to pay 45 every two weeks in 4 payments then the lump up front. Saving for a house so every penny counts.

I do not regret spending $160 on the tie fighter back when it came out, however, I am tasting the salt a little knowing that I could have gotten it for atleast $40 cheaper had I waited a month.

That being said, I might end up buying a second just for the hell of it if the price goes down slightly further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.YodasNews.com Forum Index -> Star Wars Black Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: